midnight

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited January 2010 in Bug Reports
I seem to be getting locked out of the leader board after midnight. I play a game and get a position but if I play again or go away and come back, it doesn't show on either the game score board or the leader board if it is after midnight. Why is this so?

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Hi jabba,

We don't have any time limits for when games can show up on the leader board. We do only show the first game you get with any given score, so if you replay and get the same score, we'll only show the first one. Also, sometimes our server gets bogged down processing all the games. In that case you'll see an error message and a small spade near the logout button. If you play again or click on the spade we will resubmit your score.

If neither of these apply to your after midnight games, then please provide more details like the game name and number and the date and time of a game you think didn't get recorded and I'll be able to investigate.

-Jim
  • Is the date and time thing going to work, I am in Australia and you are in a different time zone.
    I was assuming you'd tell me your time zone. :)
  • I am actually two people and just to check, I just played Golf game #3366352251 as sleeptech. I believe I am GMT +10, so here it was approx 04.30am on Saturday 16/01/10. I came third or fourth? (sorry bit tired been working all night), then after closing the box that comes up initially with time and score, I then clicked on high scores box and I was nowhere to be seen.
    I see you playing golf (anonymously) at 4:40am your time. When you play anonymously your score will not show up when you click the high score button or on the leader board. It will show up right after you played so you can see how you did. I assume you know this.

I'm guessing you were not logged in while you played. Or more likely, it looked like you were logged in, but you got "session expired" in red near the login button when you finished your game but you didn't notice it. This currently happens when you've logged in from a second computer after you logged in on the one you are playing on. If you re-login after this happens you'll still get credit for the game.

This has been on our list of things to fix for a while now, but it's not fatal if you notice it.
  • Thanks heaps, I will pay more attention to that from now on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...