Hopeless Scoring

URL: /hopeless

I do not understand the scoring for "Hopeless." The numbers are huge for the best scores (and "today," "this week" and "all time" are usually the same scores. Also, when one changes the number of colors, the best scores don't change. Even when I've cleared the board, though (and in a shorter time than listed for some of the best scores), my total is in the four-digits, while the best scores are in six digits. Can this be explained or fixed?

What would you like to see?

Comments

• There is an explanation of sorts if you check out the caption under the Latest News... I checked it out as I play the game too and wondered why some had such a high score... but to me ..I play for the fun of it.... Hope that offers an explanation and you continue to enjoy the games on this site....

• I play for fun, too. Scores aren't critical, but I also just like to know how things work.

• Basically its a squaring function, to my understanding. So the score will be higher for the longer chains versus repeated shorter chains. For instance 9 squared is 81, while 4 squared is only 16. So try to connect long strings of the same color and your scores will go up.

• New to this game/site. When i get a congrats that I am X winner of Y. What does that mean? I'm number X of those who have played that # game? X of those currently on line? (bet I'll be feel like a dummy when I get the answer)

• Hi Azgal... hope you get your answers and enjoy playing the games...... and have fun.... I have played some of these games for a long time and some I still don't understand, but others I have fun with...... this note is from a Former Arizona Gal.....

• For some reason the game favors 3 colors. The highest scores are made on the three color games; Try to pick the color with the most blocks and try to link them so that you can remove the largest block of one color at once, then try to do it with the most common color of the two remaining. Clearing the board does not always lead to the highest scores, but removing the largest contiguous collection of blocks does.

• I think those high scores are on some sort of default setting. I've never seen them change and they are WAY beyond my scores. After a while, I quit paying attention. The game is a lot of fun though. My advice...play for kicks.

• I don't care for low times, I am here , and agree with homedoggy play for kicks

• Well... I get it. High scores are part of the game. As for me, I'm happy completing the game...but Cellardweller has a legitimate question. Gameguy is always listed among the leaders so if high scores are your thing. I'd go with his recommendations.

• It might be nice to get a running scoreboard so we can see what puts the most points up while the game is under way....but that may not be possible.

• I have tried to play hopeless thou, only made 3400 and 3500 playing 4 colors so I'm getting better, lol
    so I will give it a shot on 3 color, see how it goes. so I probably want be on high score list in near future. I usually play free cell and still have long way to go there as well, as I said I'm here just to take time away from the rain and everyday dilema of life as we know it. Keep Playing , Have fun!

• oops... just noticed the running scoreboard. Man...that was quick

• Thunderstorms again coming in on Tennessee again , playing havoc with internet, Who'll stop the rain-Credence Clearwater Revival. :'(

• The all time high scores are skewed because they happened on a day when the game allowed you to remove a single block at a time which allowed for building a bigger chain. It was a flaw that lasted one day. You will find some games allow building larger chains than others so when the high scorers find a game that allows high scores to begin with, they (I) will replay the game to see if I can find a better series of plays that can get even a higher score. I don't resurrect games, but if they do appear and someone has a very high score I might try playing it over and over trying to beat that high score.

• thanks to lasso and Gameguy for the input. I've applied your recommendations and my scores have improved...but I don't think you have to worry about me displacing you from the leaderboard...
    Thx again

• So... with instruction from Gameguy and lasso...my scores are waaay up. I'm not in their league yet, but am pleased with my progress. However, I'm torn because my focus has shifted to creating these bigger blocks of one color to score higher....from my previous focus...which was completing the game without any blocks left. Since this is a "feature request" forum, I was wondering if a bonus....say 2000 pts...be given to a player who plays the game to completion.
    Love the game though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...