97 moves in 35 seconds? How is this possible?

Game: freecell
Game #: 1133165810

What would you like to see? A person make 95 moves in 35 seconds

Comments

• :s yeah! like to see it to believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Checked the game in question and I see that all the top 10 speed players clocked under a minute. So unless they are all collaborating in a hoax the results speak for themselves.

I believe that there is a "click in blank space on the green felt" command that a player can activate if they believe that the game is finished apart from stacking the cards into their respective piles. The click means that the player has completed the tricky bits and asks the computer to auto finish the game - and as you'd expect from automation, the finishing moves are very quickly completed.

Hope this helps. I'm happy to be corrected if I've misrepresented what happens

• what is the game number I want to play it , rotflmao

• Clearly there are some super moves that make this game quickly winnable judging by the top 10 scores all being under 1 minute. I don't even no how to recognize a super move, I wish I knew how to learn to use them. My goal is not To be the fastest, but I would like to play so that practice brings improvement , using the tools designed to do just that.
    If anybody has any stories or tips about the super move to share, I'd be interested to hear them

• @Gerald64 Arran quotes the free cell game number in his comment above. It's linked to the game in question - good luck!

• That is 2.7714285 per second, that is impossible and for everyone I didn't quote the game number I was just making a comment on what was stated by others in notifications SORRY FOLKS< MY BAD

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited January 2018 99.243.255.25

As I say, every time someone complains about "incredibly" fast scores, the secret is practice. The cards, occasionally, shuffle a game that is far easier to win, as well. The particular game in question, as Arran first posted, is: Freecell game #: 1133165810 As you can see, by the High Scores board, everyone on the list won exceedingly quickly. So, it's not any one player using "super moves" or doing anything each of us can't do or cheating.

• klickklick REGISTERED
    edited January 2018 64.20.156.20

Sage, The super moves I am talking about are something anyone can do, it's just knowing when and where to click, a skill that eludes me. See discussions from Jim and David:

. Better Super Moves
    Posted by jim on 14 Jul 2008 | Tagged as: news

Earlier today we added a usability feature to the solitaire games that have stacks of cards. We now allow moving cards that are not at the top of a pile by first automatically (if possible) moving any blocking cards out of the way. By moving the blocking cards using their default (double-click) move we avoid giving too much help while still allowing more efficient play.

This means for example that in Free Cell and Sea Haven Towers you can now often drag the bottom card in one of the tableaus as the very first move! Give it a try and let us know what you think.

Currently in Klondike you can even move cards that are still turned over if the cards above can easily be moved. This seems a bit like cheating in this case since if you let go without moving, you can get sneak peak at the card without incurring the normal undo penalty. We may disallow this in the future.

Comments Off on Better Super Moves

Flower Garden super-moves
    Posted by david on 11 Feb 2008 | Tagged as: news

Flower Garden has been updated with support for super moves. So if you have any empty piles then you can drag 2 cards at a time instead of just one. If you have 2 empty stacks you can drag 4 cards. Note that the super moves still follow the rules as if you were moving one card at a time so you can’t drag 2 cards onto an empty pile if it’s your only empty pile.

As a Flower Garden fan, I think this improves the gameplay a lot when you are towards the end of a game.

....Just looking for some advice, not criticizing anyone

• Thanks, klick, that's news to me, even though those comments have been around as long as I have. I hope I didn't seem to be criticizing anyone, either. The often repeated argument that "another player is cheating, because they get scores/times I can't achieve", grows wearisome after a few years. As I say, practice, practice, and more practice, helps to figure it all out. Everyone has their favourite games, too, that they're more skilled in. :)

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Hi klick,

This is mostly just repeating what you quoted above, but here is some advice on learning to use the super moves.

Whenever you can see a few moves ahead, just go ahead and do last move in the sequence. If you need to move some cards out of the way to get to the card you want, just go ahead and grab the one you want and the ones in the way will be moved. If you need to move a card out of the way in the place you a moving a card to, just go ahead and drag the card where you want it to go and ones in the way will move be moved. If you hover over the place where you want to move, then cards there will get out of the way in anticipation, and if you hover somewhere else, they will go back and new set will move. If you decide you didn't really want to make the initial move, then those cards will go back as well when you let go. This allows you to discover new moves quickly without much work. Add in leaning the auto-play and undo keys (don't bother with the buttons) and you can play quite quickly.

Good luck,
    -Jim

PS It's quite exciting for us to see you are still playing! You have the oldest active account of anyone except for david and I!

• Thanks Jim,
    That is a little clearer. I'm going to practice using them. Which are the undo keys?
    I'm honored to be your longest standing member, I do enjoy this site! Boy has it grown over the years, huh? I remember playing and never seeing another person having played the same games. The game of the day changed all that along with many other improvements. You guys are the best!
    You know, now that you have explained this, I wonder if this is what is happening to people who say the cards move on them or the game is being played for them?
    :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...