Completion times

I would like an explanation as to just how some members can complete a game in 1 minute or less. This to me seems impossibly fast.

Comments

• Practically everyone on this site has complained about the extremely fast wins and high scores. But I'll tell you how it's done, so you can achieve those fast wins, too. Practice, practice, practice, and more practice, as well as a knowledge of how to play the games, quickly and effortlessly. And, sometimes, depending how the cards are dealt, the game is easier to win than other times.

• They most likely hit replay over and over again till they figure out how to win it really fast

• i understand the answers given but is this really in the spirit of playing a game competitively?
    This to me would be like a quarterback throwing a pass to the same receiver multiple times but only counting the time he caught it!
    Jim

• But how many are playing the game 'competitively'? by your definition of the word

• Everyone's really playing with, or against, themselves and the time clock. We aren't playing against each other.

• The name of the game is SOLITAIRE.Once you moaners finally come to terms with that perhaps you will make an effort to ,not only understand the rudiments of the game but how it's played.Sage makes a good point.This is not the World Championships.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Well, we do have high scores which (intentionally) adds a competitive element…

• reyatuttireyatutti REGISTERED
    edited August 2017 70.121.226.251

Game #1672435353 has a top score of 91 moves in 9 seconds (my display is set to show a players first score rather than their best) and the 10th best score is 96 moves in 35 seconds. That's 10.1 moves per second for the top score and 2.74 moves per second for the 10th best score or, if you prefer, one move every 0.099 and 0.365 seconds respectively. I'm not particularly fast but my score was 94 moves in 198 seconds or one move every 2.11 seconds. I'm fine with not being the fastest but it would be nice to compare my score to other humans rather than scores that represent the humanly impossible achievement of one move every 1/10th of a second.

• reyatutti, what game is this? I do enjoy the competitive element, David, and seeing how others score on a game I'm playing, but I consider myself playing with others and not against them.

• reyatuttireyatutti REGISTERED
    edited August 2017 70.121.226.251

Perhaps I am less humanitarian than you (Sage): I definitely compare my scores AGAINST other players rather than WITH them. As noted above, game #1672435353 (Freecell). I generally play the game to challenge myself but I would like to think that, when I do compare my times to the scores of others, that it is an even playing field. I don't have the programming acumen to create a "bot" that will finish the game faster than any human could.

• As in all modern time sports, the alternative to being first is achieving a personal best (modern day euphemism for losing to encourage endeavour in reaching the carrot) and the only other way to win is not play at all, or work out the key cards that unlock auto finish to achieve quick times, or play with an actual deck! There are few level playing fields in life so I am always puzzled by such great expectations over reality....

• I don't think I would compare this game to a real world sport, nor would I equate it to the lack of "level playing fields in life." Millions of dollars are spent each year in attempts to both ensure and circumvent level playing fields in modern sports. I get it: IRL there is no such thing. I guess the bottom line is I enjoy playing the game ????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...