PUT UP OR SHUT UP

Put up or shut up - A childhood saying which I now find very apt with regard to playing on the site.

You pays your money, you makes your choice - oh, but no moneys been paid, so should make it easier to choose to go

Eat and grumble - if you grumbled about what you were eating it meant you actually had food to eat.

We have a site to play on, not perfect but still useable. Please be grateful or just go quietly.....

Comments

• I agree with Trinny and Sage.

• wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• No, that is not the attitude to have. We all know the back end can work, and if you have something that works, then it should be maintained. Do you say put up and shut up if your car engine only partially works???? NO. We should not quietly go dumb, the guys that run it should fix it!!!!

• I have been playing on this site for years - totally free - no ads - no complaints

• I have an idea: the geniuses who keep complaining should get together, create their own site and play amongst themselves. How about that. I await your snide responses.

• Just think...if all of the complainers left it would free up the back end server for those of us that still enjoy using this site.

• Wonderful thought.All the complainers playing against one another.

• Someone suggested earlier this week that the owners put in one of those contributions gadgets. We all toss in a buck and get the owners to fix the backend server problem. For us, and for the complainers.
    (I complain too.) (But I still play it)

• Since the Green Felt guys have not been in touch with us(at least to my knowledge)...

Since this is a not for profit site maybe they have reached a point in their lives where keeping this site up is no longer a priority for them. Maybe they have more important obligations (to their families and careers) that are taking up their time.

I for one am grateful that they have left this site up and running such as it is. I don't feel the need to be competitive playing against other people. I actually enjoy just playing against the "deck". Yes...it would be nice if the scoring worked a little simpler and faster but it is not a deal breaker for me if things remains as they are.

• I love this site and while I liked knowing if a particular game was winnable I still enjoy playing. And now I don't have to wonder how it is possible to make 367 moves in 7 seconds!

• I agree that all the complainers should take their grumpy selves to another site...one that pays. That way they have a right to complain. Some people if they go to heaven will b*tich about all that gold...or whatever.

• Been playing for years, too. Several different monickers.

Thank you to the many sages taking time to inform the outraged—who might use this down time to hone skills, play and replay to find better choices.

I'm playing a slow game, working on time-saving techniques, finding where I've been missing some best plays, training peripheral vision . . . Newbies could learn and go with all the supermoves, etc.

It's fun.

• If the site was abandoned by the creators will it eventually crash? If so...what a bummer!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...