legal movement restriction

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited August 2008 in Bug Reports
I cannot bring a King down into an open space and then bring a queen down on top of it. the King keeps going back to the top and the Queen stays in the space. This also happened yesterday, but I was able to continue and finish the game. Today, that is impossible

Pat_E

I was not signed in. I rarely sign in. Beating others is not my goal. I want to solve the game for my own satisfaction and mental health.

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Pat_E wrote:
    I cannot bring a King down into an open space and then bring a queen down on top of it. the King keeps going back to the top and the Queen stays in the space. This also happened yesterday, but I was able to continue and finish the game. Today, that is impossible

We just added a new feature and I think that's what you are seeing. As of yesterday you can now put the queen in two places, exactly on top the king (where you are telling the game you'd like to replace the king with the queen) and stacked on top of the king slightly below it. If you move the queen up and down you should be able to see the black highlight show up in two different places. If you hover such that the highlight is exactly over the king for more than a second, then the king will move out of the way. If you then move the queen slightly down so that the highlight moves down, then the king should zip back and you should be able to stack the queen on it.

Play around with it a bit and let is know how you like the new feature. If it keeps getting in your way, we might change the way it works. I can see how in this case it forces you to have to be a bit more precise which isn't really a good thing.

Also, you should be able to double-click the queen (double-click does the obvious move) to get it there without having to be so precise.
    Pat_E wrote:
    I was not signed in. I rarely sign in. Beating others is not my goal. I want to solve the game for my own satisfaction and mental health.

Signing in is up to you. We don't like to have to sign in to sites just to use them, so we made sure that signing in wasn't required just to play our games.

Thanks for the feedback,
    -Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...