Options for advanced players

Game: freecell

I think many of us freecell fanatics would enjoy having the games rated for difficulty.  It would be good if you would not include the less than 1 percent of layouts that are impossible.  I assume you are doing that already.  I've solved every layout I've encountered on your website.

Another possible idea (which would be more difficult to implement) would be an option to let the player arrange his/her own layout and then play it. It might be fun to devise an almost impossible layout and challenge other players to solve it.

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

We have attempted to rate the layouts (we call them shuffles) by difficulty, but we weren't happy with the results.  We'll try again one day.

We don't select free cell games base on if they are winnable or not.  Most just are.  It's an easy game by that metric.  It's also what makes it nice to play.  Try Sea Haven Towers for a similar but harder game.

We won't likely allow designing your own layout anytime soon.  I like the idea, but it's too much work given the way we have things structured.  Sorry.

Have Fun,
    -Jim

• Replying to "Possible" who said "It might be fun to devise an almostimpossible layout and challenge other players to solve it."

OK - HERE'S ONE FOR YOU
    FREECELL #20815
    If you can solve this one - let me know! And send me the solution! 
    This one really seems IMpossible!
    Mippy724@aol.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...