fix game

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports
Game: klondike
Game #: 1137605839
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28

Please describe the problem in detail:The screen freezes and it took me over 9 minutes to finish the game. This has been going on for a week. Please look in to fixing the problem.. I love your version of Klondike Solitaire, but I can't continue unless you fix it! Thanks, Tomtoe2.

Comments

• Once again. There is nothing wrong with the game or with Greenfelt. The problem lies in your computer.
  • Are you even reading the replies??? It is a problem on your end and it isn't likely the greenfelt guys are going to come to your home to fix it. Not one other player has mentioned having the same problem so you need to look at your own system and sort it out yourself.
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Hi Tomtoe2,

Today David found and old PowerPC Mac running Firefox 1.0.6, which is even older than the version 3.6.28 that you are running. He was able to confirm that Green Felt is slow as molasses. So slow in fact that Firefox pops up the "this script is taking too much time" dialog every time you pick up a card. It does however play correctly, which we were quite happy to see.

It seems we have added features over the years, Super Moves in particular, that have taken more resources just as computers have gotten faster, so we never really noticed. That's not quite correct. We have noticed an annoying delay when picking up cards on an old iPads as well, so it's not just your setup that is too slow.

We think there are things we can do to speed up the game, but they involve quite a bit of work. I do hope we get to them.

Thanks for being persistent in your complaining. You were right!

-Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...