Two features that would be nice

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited May 2007 in Feature Requests
1. A pop-up, or message when no moves are left on Freecell
2. The ability to see all the games I've played (again, I'm thinking Freecell) so I can choose which game I would like to play

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    1. A pop-up, or message when no moves are left on Freecell

The problem with this is that generally "undo" is always a move, and that's usually what I want to do in when I get stuck, so I'd rather not have the pop-up. The only way a Freecell game with undo can have no moves left is if you reach the highest possible score for that game. And to tell you that, we'd actually have to have computed it, and we currently don't do that. Of course we notcice if you get 52, since that's easy to compute.

Actually Golf works the way you suggest. Do you like that? I'm usually a bit annoyed by it, but since time is often important in Golf, I somewhat like that the game ends as soon as I'm stuck.

Either way, I'm not wedded to the current way, but I'll take more convincing than you've offered to get me to change it. :)
    2. The ability to see all the games I've played (again, I'm thinking Freecell) so I can choose which game I would like to play

Maybe we could show that last 100 or so games you've played. That should be easy enough. I'll look into it.

-Jim
  • Ah, yes. I see the dilemma with the "no moves" request. You're right -- it's better to have the "undo" option rather than a pop-up that says no moves remaining.

I like the last 100 games idea.

Thanks for the response.

AreenMarie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...