Nice site, but I wish you'd ban the bots

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Found this site when I had to use my husband's laptop for a couple weeks and he didn't have solitaire on it. Visually one of the better ones, and the functionality is pretty good, too. But, you know, what is the point of leader boards etc when it is grossly obvious that the "people" at the top of the boards HAVE to be bots. It is physically impossible for someone (in this case either "3bc" or "jimrails") to complete a game using 85 to 98 moves in 8 to 17 seconds.

Seriously?

Comments

• (this is the only way I can see, to subscribe to topic)
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    It is physically impossible for someone (in this case either "3bc" or "jimrails") to complete a game using 85 to 98 moves in 8 to 17 seconds.

Currently each action can generate multiple moves. So, for example, on today's free cell game of the day if you started by clicking on the 2 ♠ , you would have performed 5 moves with a single action. Then try dragging the J ♣ to to the Q ♥ . With that second action you would then have three cards in the ♠ 's foundation, one in the ♦ foundation and two cards in the free cells for a total of 9 moves! Now add in Auto-Play (Control-A / ⌘-A) and memorization and you can easily (well not easily) do 98 moves in 17 seconds, especially if it only took 17 actions.

Our philosophy on Green Felt is to take the drudgery out of solitaire, so we try and do the obvious moves for you and let you just guide the high level and make the key decisions. Read some of my posts describing the tricks. The main thing is to assume that things are out of your way and move accordingly.

Good luck beating 3bc and jimrails,
    -Jim

PS Notice that you don't see fast wins on 4 Suit Spider. It's too hard to memorize. Play that if you want a challenge with no speedsters to steal your glory.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...