new scoring

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
i love the new scoring thing, where you can see a ranking among all the other players. i have one question: i don't understand entirely the data. it looks as if all these players are playing at once, their games ending within minutes of mine. is that so? is the ranking then only for the players currently on line? or is that time thing a glitch?

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    i love the new scoring thing, where you can see a ranking among all the other players. i have one question: i don't understand entirely the data. it looks as if all these players are playing at once, their games ending within minutes of mine. is that so? is the ranking then only for the players currently on line? or is that time thing a glitch?

Hi slightlycrazy,

Those are real players that are playing at nearly the same time that you are, by design. The ranking are for all time for a given shuffle of the cards, not just for people online. There are so many shuffles that if we chose them randomly for each player, no one would *ever* play the same one. :( What we do instead is for each hour we create a sequence of shuffles and let everyone play those shuffles. Depending on when you start, relative to the hour, and how fast or slow you are at playing, you'll see people that are different amounts behind, but often not by more than an hour.

-Jim
  • I like knowing how may others have played. Some of the games I thought would be popular are not - thanks guys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...