Game

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports
WHY DOES THE GAME PLACE CARDS FOR ME? Is it supposed to do that? THAT SORT OF TAKES THE FUN OUT OF IT. MISSING A CARD HERE OR THERE IS WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, AS IN A REAL GAME WITH ACTUAL CARDS. IT'S ALL PART OF THE CHALLENGE. I GUESS THIS IS DUMBED DOWN SOLITAIRE.

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Rod wrote:
    WHY DOES THE GAME PLACE CARDS FOR ME? Is it supposed to do that? THAT SORT OF TAKES THE FUN OUT OF IT. MISSING A CARD HERE OR THERE IS WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, AS IN A REAL GAME WITH ACTUAL CARDS. IT'S ALL PART OF THE CHALLENGE. I GUESS THIS IS DUMBED DOWN SOLITAIRE.

Hi Rod,

You are in control of when the game places cards for you in the following sense. If you pick up a movable card, you can drag it where ever it can go and you can decide where to place it. If, however, you single click on a card, then you are asking for it to be placed in the most obvious place.

If you single click on a card that can't be moved, the game will attempt to move any cards out of the way as long as the moves to do so are "trivial", so that it can be moved and then place it in the most obvious place.

If you hover over a location where a card or stack of cards you are dragging can go once a few things are moved out of the way, then the game will move them out of the way. If you decided you don't like that, and you pull the card(s) away without dropping them, then the cards it moved will be returned.

If you do not agree on our choice of the-most-obvious-place, then "give up" your game right there and file a bug report with details about what the game did and you would have wanted it to do, with the game number that you played, so we can reproduce and discuss the situation.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Have fun,
    -Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...