Don't used usernames I'm bug solicitation

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports
Game: klondike
Game #: 1998593294
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/33.0.1750.15 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53 (D22680A4-D3CF-430A-95DC-03D14EA0BD85)

Please describe the problem in detail:
You should not solicit usernames to report bugs. Yes, this is a bug

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    phthisic1 wrote:
    What do you mean by "solicit usernames?"

Do you mean because we ask for a name to post on the forum? If so, why do you think that is a bug?

-David
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    phthisic1 wrote:

Hi phthisic1,

We solicit them because the information is sometimes useful to us when debugging problems and it allows us to address you by your preferred name. We do not however require a username, nor a registration to post bugs. After all, many of our bug reports are about people's inability to login which we wouldn't see if we required a real username.

Does this address your concern?

-Jim
  • If I'm playing Klondike, signed in, and post an bug report, I'm required to use another username. The old one is in use and an error message is issued. That is a bug.
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Guest wrote:
    If I'm playing Klondike, signed in, and post an bug report, I'm required to use another username. The old one is in use and an error message is issued. That is a bug.
    Kind of. It's a design flaw: this forum and the main game site are separate programs and have separate usernames and passwords. It's possible that either you or someone else registered on the forum at some point with the username you want.

Frankly, we think that stinks and we're going to eventually replace this forum with one that can integrate better into the game site (since we consider the game usernames to be canonical). I just have to get off my butt and finish the integration work. :-) One day it will happen, and then we can rejoice.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...