free cell malfunction

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited March 2014 in Bug Reports
Game: freecell
Game #: 68550931
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0

Please describe the problem in detail: When I click on a card to move it, the board automatically starts reversing the previous moves. I can't stop it from happening. It's frustrating to play the game under these conditions. I have written about it several times but it keeps on happening. Can you please correct this?

J Gallo

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    jgallo3733 wrote:
    When I click on a card to move it, the board automatically starts reversing the previous moves. I can't stop it from happening. It's frustrating to play the game under these conditions. I have written about it several times but it keeps on happening. Can you please correct this?

Hello Mr Gallo,

Computer mice often have more than one button. We have designed Green Felt such that the left button makes a move and the right button undoes your previous move, while the middle button will redo a move you may have previously undone. However, not all computers have mice with a middle or even (by convention) a right button.

It seems that you are using a Mac. Are you using an external mouse (i.e. one with a cable)? Or a touch pad on a laptop? Does it have physical buttons? Pressing with two fingers on a recent Mac's touch pad or on an Apple magic mouse (the kind with no visible buttons) will perform a right click and therefore undo you previous move. I suspect this is what you are seeing. Don't press with two fingers and don't press the right button if you have one and the problem will go away.

If you feel this is not what's happening to you, then feel free to respond with more details so we can address the problem you are seeing.

Have fun,
    -Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...