Saving a game

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited November 2013 in Feature Requests
Game: fortythieves
Game #: 902045266

I love playing Forty Thieves and enjoy the strategy of it more than the competition side. Consequently I would love there to be a Save option to use when there is a choice of plays and then see how each one develops towards the end. In other words if I could try one strategy and if it doesn't lead to a win then I could go back to where it was saved and try an allternative strategy.
Many thanks for your consideration.
enlim1975

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    enlim 1975 wrote:
    I love playing Forty Thieves and enjoy the strategy of it more than the competition side. Consequently I would love there to be a Save option to use when there is a choice of plays and then see how each one develops towards the end. In other words if I could try one strategy and if it doesn't lead to a win then I could go back to where it was saved and try an allternative strategy.

Someone else just asked for the same feature! I've been thinking about how it might work. Would a "Checkpoint" button and a "Restore to Checkpoint" button suffice? You can kind of get this now by just undoing back the previous position, but you would have to recognize when you got there.

-Jim
  • jim wrote:
    enlim 1975 wrote:

Someone else just asked for the same feature! I've been thinking about how it might work. Would a "Checkpoint" button and a "Restore to Checkpoint" button suffice? You can kind of get this now by just undoing back the previous position, but you would have to recognize when you got there.

-Jim

Jim, the Checkpoint/Restore idea is probably what I want. The other way of 'Undo' is OK except when you have an option right near the beginningband that may lead to lots of clicking. How much better to only have 1 or 2 clicks.
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    enlim1975 wrote:
    Jim, the Checkpoint/Restore idea is probably what I want. The other way of 'Undo' is OK except when you have an option right near the beginning band that may lead to lots of clicking. How much better to only have 1 or 2 clicks.

We'll put the checkpoint idea in our queue. In the meantime you might try using the keyboard. We have setup Control-Z (hold Control and press Z) to be undo and Control-Shift-Z (hold Control and Shift and press Z) to be redo. We find the keyboard to be so convenient that we almost never use the buttons for undo/redo. It's the same key sequence in most programs like Word, Excel, et al so it's not wasted brain space either.

Have Fun,
    -Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...