king ace duce

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited November 2013 in Bug Reports
Game: golf
Game #: 231615894
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Please describe the problem in detail:
in the game of golf ,the king, ace and duce are all able to be canceled out in other games of golf played. why can't you play it that way?

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    in the game of golf ,the king, ace and duce are all able to be canceled out in other games of golf played. why can't you play it that way?

Could you explain what you mean in a little more detail, or post the name or a link to a version of Golf that works the way you want?

-Jim
  • It wasn't me that raised this, but I think he/she may mean that in other versions the Ace can be either high or low - you can play K A 2 A K. From memory in your version Ace is low only? Which makes it even more of a challenge...
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Elliesam wrote:
    It wasn't me that raised this, but I think he/she may mean that in other versions the Ace can be either high or low - you can play K A 2 A K. From memory in your version Ace is low only? Which makes it even more of a challenge...
    Ah! Yes, we actually made that variant when we first wrote Golf, but hadn't published it. You can now play that way here.

We have another (even harder) variant of Golf that makes it illegal for any card to played on a king.

Both these variants join our "unlisted" games—they aren't in the menus, so you either have to bookmark them directly, or you can always look in our Frequently Asked Questions page (the link is in the menu at the top of every page).

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...