EaemeEaeme REGISTERED
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Why are Sudodu scores not posted on the historic Leader Board :?:

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Eaeme wrote:
    Why are Sudoku scores not posted on the historic Leader Board :?:

Eaeme,

They used to be posted on the Leader Board. At that time, there weren't enough people playing Sudoku to justify leaving them there. For example, even today there were only 7 people who passed the game of the day. We could try putting it back and see if that increases the number of people who play.

Thanks for your feedback,
    -Jim
  • Jim,
    Thanks for the explanation. Another sort of related question is: "When does the day change?" I suspect that you have chosen midnight in some time zone, but which one, and is it standard or daylight savings or simply referenced to GMT. If there are so few players, maybe that info is enough for me to see how I stand among participating players.
    Everett
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Eaeme wrote:
    Jim,
    Thanks for the explanation. Another sort of related question is: "When does the day change?" I suspect that you have chosen midnight in some time zone, but which one, and is it standard or daylight savings or simply referenced to GMT.
    The day starts at midnight, GMT. I think that's 4 or 5 pm Pacific time, depending on whether it's Daylight Saving Time or not...
    If there are so few players, maybe that info is enough for me to see how I stand among participating players.
    Even though it isn't on the leader board, we try to make it so games come up that other people have played. Right now it's tuned for the super popular games (freecell, klondike, forty thieves) and so less popular games like sudoku and scorpion are suffering (it looks like no one else is playing). We don't like the current state and are planning ways to fix it so that it always feels like there are other people playing the games you see.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...