Time of play

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited April 2012 in Bug Reports
Game: freecell
Game #: 18
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C)

Please describe the problem in detail:

I can not believe anyone can play a game of freecell in less than oneb minute!!!!!

Please explain the scores shown mine.

Thanks

Glen

Comments

• Kingfisher has been brought up in a previous discussion - he/she was playing the game many times under multiple names and working out the quickest way to get the game out. This results in a super fast score. Its not so bad if you are happy with a placing other than first!
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    GLEN wrote:
    I can not believe anyone can play a game of freecell in less than one minute!!!!!

Hi Glen,

I know that many people like to play over an over, but I'm able to break a minute quite frequently on the first try just by using some of our efficiency features (like keyboard shortcuts and super moves).

First, to be fast, learn the key sequences for Undo, Redo and Auto-Play. These are fundamental for speed.

Second, look ahead and don't bother doing any "obvious" moves. The thing that makes Green Felt unique is that we try and do as many "obvious" moves as needed for you, both at the source and destination of a move. In particular, we'll almost always move cards to the "free cells" for you if you just play as if they are already there. For example try moving the jack-of-spades to the queen-of-hearts at the start of today's game of the day. Then undo and try, as your first move, dragging the five-of-spades to the six-of-diamonds, again in one move. That's six moves for the price of one! Undo and compare that with just clicking once on the five-of-spades. Notice that it goes to a different place. This time we a slightly different set of six moves from just a single click.

Good luck,
    -Jim

PS There are a few more super-move types for you to discover and we have plans to add even more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...