GO PLACIDLY AMIDST THE NOISE AND HASTE AND LISTEN TO ALL OTHERS EVEN THE DULL AND IGNORANT THEY TO

Game: fortythieves
Game #: 837731554
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/126.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Window: 1903x953
JS-Version: 2024-06-09_16:14:27_-0700_d9fd059e23755822b8060fac72b5d3d4cf822e9d

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• GO PLACIDLY ADMIST THE NOISE AND HASTE AND LISTEN TO ALL OTHERS EVEN THE DULL AND IGNORANT THEY TOOO HAVE THEIR STORY

• @Sage...work needed in ailes three...a newbie.

• not a newbie...most likely a spammer. This is the same one who posts her correct email is whitneyhouston or some other nonsense.

• shame the dull and ignorant have access to this message board......I wish they would go placidly somewhere else!

• I'll second that.

• @anglais I was tempted but this person joined previously, only with a mistake in the email address, so I assumed it wasn't worth the trouble. And I agree with @Timhotep Either this is someone who should not have access to the internet, because they post far too much private information, or it's some kind of a spammer or scammer.

• @Sage...thanks for the info... from everyone. Kind of feel like an innocent dummy being led on like that.
    What should I be looking out for that would make these types of messages more obvious in the future?
    Is it just a question of someone posting, what appears to be, a legit email address?

• @anglais please don't feel that way about yourself; you were trying to be helpful. My way of describing why Green Felters didn't jump right in to say don't post personal information is that after a long while of reading posts you kinda get a feel for things that are "off", not quite right. In this case, absolutely nothing to do with internet card play - why post on this site? Granted some posts have nothing to do with card play but they're from regulars we know and are fond of.

• Hello everyone.Just read the above........ I will be placidly watching the Wimbledon final this afternoon and tonight I'll be even more placid watching England against Spain, after which I'll take a couple of Asprins and placidly go to bed. I wish you all a very placid day.Tke care.

• justherejusthere REGISTERED
    edited July 14 70.191.101.224

Go England!! Not sure how placid I'll be, though. LOL. I know it'll probably be too late for you, graeme, but after that, later on I'll be watching Argentina vs. Columbia. Rooting for England...all the way!!! :)

• @ justthere.It will.After too much placidity I'll be ready for bed.Enjoy the game and take care.

• graeme...LOL. Peace and comfort to you and yours. Sleep well. :)

• It’s like a poem.

Go placidly
    amidst the noise and haste
    and listen to all others.

Even the dull and ignorant,
    they too have
    their story

• @anglais Please don't feel bad about it. Remember when there were spammers all the time, here, posting their links to "questionable" sites? I would click on their name and check to see how long they've been on this site. If they just got here on the same day they commented, and visits were 0 or 1, and were last active on the day they joined, that's a pretty good indication that they're not here to play solitaire. There's also the occasional person who joins this site to complain about another site they're on but doesn't realize this is a completely different site. Have a good evening... :)

@fingsaint That's Desiderata by Max Ehrmann <3

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited July 15 119.18.1.251

@sage oh wonderful, thanks. The opening line sets it off perfectly

https://allpoetry.com/desiderata---words-for-life

• @sage Desiderata ... worth rereading in these tumultuous times, thanks <3

• PtownpapaPtownpapa REGISTERED
    edited July 15 174.84.187.125

I Love the forum, again we start with HARUMPH, SPAM, TSK TSK and move through calm, Soccer games, play on and finish with poetry. Can someone give me a very large AMEN!

• AMEN ! and have a nice day

• I'll contribute :-)

• @sage and @sierrarose you are very kind...thank you.

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited July 16 184.171.220.117

@murphymouse Now, that's a cat! Cuddly looking mouse, too...

@anglais You're very welcome...

@fingsaint Les Crane made Desiderata into a song, too...

Peaceful solitaire playing and a good night, everyone...

• I like Green Felt Solitaire very much and do not claim any request
    Solifan

• @sage...beautiful poem...enjoyed reading and re-reading.
    Thank you for knowing or finding the name of the poem and thanks to @fingsaint for making it easy to connect.
    The irony of all this is...thanks also to a villain that inadvertently brought this beauty to our attention.

• jimi hendrix was known to frequent jam sessions in the different cities he visited while on tour .. .. .. when asked why he would spend his free time listening to amateurs and rookie guitar players he would tell them "u never know when ur gonna learn something new"

• @tucsonsky ... nice quote...same as what we experienced here.

• Murphy Mouse...how did you get a pic of my cat? Actually, mine is solid gray

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...