"Winnable games only" feature

Game: yukon
Game #: 966118685
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/122.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Window: 1394x713
JS-Version: 2024-03-13_15:35:22_-0700_66eb709cda2ce2f652eab96aad7048deae8af0b5

What would you like to see?

It would be great if there was an option to filter out unwinnable games, so only those that can be solved will be made available to play.

Comments

• agree at least the game of the day should be winnable

• All the games are RANDOM, to winnow out ONLY WINNABLE games would require: ** A:** A human to play them BEFORE they are presented to make sure they are winnable OR** B:** An APP/program or AI Tool to play them and place the WINNABLE ones in a queue for future presentation. IF the APP/Program or AI Tool were invented and available why should we play at all? The JOY is doing YOUR best to win even when you know maybe you can't.
    IT'S A GAME.. "The NFL Win/Lose squad has decided the Lions win, thank you for coming you can go home now"

• Thank you @barzonymous. Love the applause.

• You deserve all the applause @Ptownpapa.

• Yes, I agree with @barzonymous and @sierrarose . Excellent response, @Ptownpapa ! Knowing if a game was winnable or not would take much of the challenge out of playing.

• Answering the question is good. Telling the poster why he's wrong to want the feature is out of line. Different strokes and all that.

• anglaisanglais REGISTERED
    edited May 17 66.130.245.102

@Ptownpapa...a clarity of mind and expression that we, your admirers, can only hope to achieve one day.

@Arborist, I agree with you to a certain extent...playing a game not knowing if it's winnable is certainly a challenge, on the other hand, playing a winnable game and not being able to win or at least finish would be disheartening.There are certain games I play where I cannot, for the life of me, put a single point on the scoreboard...yet I have the proof that it is winnable by looking at the "high scores".

@ashgoes, I understand how frustrating you must feel...you are a recent member on GreenFelt so welcome to the club.
    First of all, congratulations on posting your first post. It took me quite a while before having the nerve to put in my point of view for the first time.
    Second of all, I have a suggestion for you, which everybody uses...to see if a game is winnable or not click onto the Leader button, if there is a list of names then its winnable. The times you see posted beside the names are fantastically low...these times are real and possible but don't concern yourself with them for the moment.
    Practice and more important enjoy yourself and celebrate your success' because they will come.

• @anglais empathetic, encouraging, civil responses - nicely done.

• @ashgoes, have just re-read my message to you...something I need to clarify. The Leader button refers to specific games called Games of the Day, for all other games we have a sort of a winnable feature except we call it a High Scores button. This feature not only gives the first ten players of a game but also their scores. This is important to a beginner because the scores reveal if the game is easy or difficult. Games that take seconds to solve are normal times for good players, games that take minutes to solve show they are most likely much more difficult.
    To summarize, before you start a game verify the High Scores to see if winnable and how difficult it is.

• @anglais - I love the Greenfelt Message Board - It starts with one comment or proposition or desire or ad infinitum and ends up sharing recipes. Your post "Leader Board" was what @ashgoes was asking for and being ignored until the posts started flying. It is the living embodiment of the Industrial "TEAMS" I remember in the 90's. The ones that were successful had members that listened and reacted with support. Greenfelters are an amazing bunch. To
    quote @graeme PLAY ON

• anglaisanglais REGISTERED
    edited May 18 66.130.245.102

@Ptownpapa, thank you for reminding us what the Greenfelt Message Board is all about. It is not about individuals but of the members that make up the team... and the various contributions that are made. In this particular case, I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to make a small contribution that hopefully, will help someone use the tools available on this marvellous site.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...