Klondike Layout

daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

On computers the Klondike layout should be back to the way it was.

The negative response surprised me initially until I realized it was affecting computers and not just phones. I admit it looks weird on a big screen, but if you try it on your phone (in landscape orientation) it's much better. The fix that we just pushed was to limit that layout to just phones/tablets.

I've been trying to play Green Felt at night while watching tv or listening to music before bed so that I can find the parts of the site that don't work well on tiny screens. The goal is to make it play well on mobile instead of the current state which is more of a "well, it technically works…" type of thing.

I've been working on a replacement for the control panel (what we call all the buttons above the game) since "undo" and "redo" are critical features of Green Felt and they feel real bad on tiny screens.

And don't worry, we won't force a phone interface onto the desktop site—the desktop site was designed for computers with a mouse and keyboard and doesn't need a complete rethink (though it could stand a surface level makeover in places).

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...