Was the Site Down?

Did anyone else have trouble getting in over the past day (Saturday 3-2 into Sunday 3-3)? Sheesh, I was suffering withdrawal jitters! :-)

Comments

• I did. But, I had no trouble with any other sites so I figured something was going on here...like maybe maintenance. Glad to see they're back. I, too, was about to suffer withdrawals. LOL

• The panic was real!

• It was definitely down for me -- glad it's back! :-)

• Down for maintenance, soft or hard ware is always agony. Will "IT" wake up? did I make a real, REALLY BIG booBoo? Sit and watch the clock. Wait and see tomorrows installment boys and girls!

I realized, discovered and was stunned by my need to Greenfelt!! I am addicted!! Not amusing.
    THANK YOU @jim & @david for curing my runny nose.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Yes, it was down! The server site had its electrical panel upgraded. All is well now.

• It was solid unreachable for well over 24 hours. The attached is a "traceroute" showing the route from my home network to Greenfelt. It bogs down in a Chicago data center. and that situation persisted all weekend.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

And congrats to the user that found our (unused) Green Felt subreddit and asked me about it there :smile:. (It's so unused it yells at you if you try to view it in a mobile browser and forces you into their terrible Reddit App).

• THANK YOU and glad you are back. I had a very boring .couple of .days.

• @david @jim are you on Mastodon? Would be great to have a reliable back channel.

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    edited March 4 104.28.85.108

If we did have mastodon accounts, they would probably be served from the same server. You might have noted that you couldn’t send us email either! Nothing like a single point of failure.

• :-D Nice thing about Mastodon is there are tens of thousands of servers to choose from. Or you can roll your own, but you don't have to.

• We knew you were there - so we waited and sure enough!

• Big "withdrawal" problems!!! Please warn us in advance next time you do maintenance.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

I set up a self hosted mastodon server, though I've only ever posted a test message to it. But as Jim guessed, it's running in the same server rack as Green Felt. It would be nice to have some out of band messaging for times like this though. Nowadays the trendy thing is a discord server. I think I set one of those up, too (and then, as usual, never used it :smile:).

• Finding that Reddit was impressive! I did a search yesterday in the hope of finding something like that but clearly I did not try hard enough.

• Yes, it was down for me throughout the weekend. I kept pressing Refresh, and then I looked for a "Down" notice. Neither worked. Glad it's back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...