Better luck next time

Game: klondike
Game #: 1042691940
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 16_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/118.0.5993.69 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Window: 1080x691
JS-Version: 2023-10-14_01:07:42_-0700_85ed4a1da3938c4e8408153a8daefc9bd658880c

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• This is annoying.
    Even when I come in 1st, it says “Better luck next time”
    it’s stupid, annoying and pointless.
    Please remove it.
    Thank you.

• i've been playing here for many years, i've seen many stupid, annoying and pointless things, but i have never seen a "better luck next time" message .. .. .. weird

• I'm not clear what your complaint is. I mean it is solitaire, which more or less by definition is pointless! So, again, your complaint is what, exactly?
    Not to mention that you’re 1st only for the moment! Check back in ten minutes later and odds are someone will have bested your score. Plus, if you have the Show Anonymous Players option off, then odds are you’re barely in the top 10 anyway!
    In short, better luck next time.

• I think the complaint was the phrase "better luck next time". Apparently, Rosyfutur finds that annoying. I probably would, too, but I've never seen that either.

• SerenityNow, it's just annoying, not earth shattering. I think you are over stating things a bit.

• I get that "better luck next time" often, doesn't bother me

• I get "better luck next time" in Pyramid all the time since most of the games are not actually winnable in the sense of clearing all the cards. If I actually clear the pyramid, I get "You beat Game xxxxxxxx!"

• Seems a lot of fuss over nothing.Let it go.Play on and enjoy you'r game.If you are good enough to win should you really care about ''better luck next time''......well,I wouldn't,that's for sure.Have a good day everyone!

• Coming in first does not always mean you won the game-you also need the points it takes to actually win the game.

And since I'm horrible at Pyramid, but sometimes have a higher score than others, I often get "better luck next time" because I still didn't win the game. And really-this is not annoying. It's gone in a flash.

• I have got that ''better luck next time '' on various of the games here , whether I've cleared all the cards or just had best score or time , as long as my name is on the top I figure I've got a win so keep those signs coming , I'm easy ...

• it seems to me there are 2 types of games:
    1) game play begins after all the cards are dealt (scorpion, freecell, etc.)
    2) plays are made as the cards are being dealt (pyramid, klondike, etc.)
    in the second type the "better luck next time" message appears

• PtownpapaPtownpapa REGISTERED
    edited October 2023 174.84.187.125

AH HA!! I had never seen the "better --- etc" Thought about it and tried. If you play Klondike
    and LOSE - you will get the "ETC" IF and only IF you QUIT - "Give up"

I realize to continue is futile and simply open a new game, and do not "give up"

In fact it happens that way on every game. Just tried it on several games.

AND it notes "Better etc on GAME NUMBER - the one you gave up on""

• Ptownpapa...read your post....tried it and, sure enough, when I gave up I got the message. LOL. Like you, I don't "give up", I just move on to the next game. Will say, though, the "Better luck...etc."message was very subtle.

• well ain't that a kick in the pants .. .. .. i never give up so i never saw it before, but sure enuff, there it is on scorpion .. .. .. this was a fun puzzle, thanks to all who helped solve it!

• Really!! It was fun! Lit some fires for conversation. Thanks, Rosyfutur, for starting this. :)

• PtownpapaPtownpapa REGISTERED
    edited October 2023 174.84.187.125

TO: @Rosyfutur - Check your posting "Better Luck Next Time" There is an answer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...