Been adding one play two times. ?

Game: sht
Game #: 2082708628
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.3 Safari/605.1.15
Window: 1265x626
JS-Version: 2023-08-07_17:51:48_-0700_601f2ba44d3c646930d274ccb7b3342bb6dc8058

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

I think this must be a bug. Been adding one play two times. ?
game --- 1696000438
game--- 2082708628

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

That is odd, @jayG🌺.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Right now our client code (the part that runs in the browser) will send its data again unless it gets a positive response back from the Green Felt server. I checked both these cases and on the duplicate entry they both have a flag set that indicates the browser was retrying the send. My guess is that either there was a network outage at just the right time or the server conked out on our end at the right time or something where the games got committed to the database but the response telling your browser that it worked didn't go through. This means your browser assumed it didn't work and so it sent it again. The server doesn't currently try to detect duplicates and so it didn't notice the retry was exactly the same and added it again.

The fix would be to have the server detect duplicates and just return the original back to your browser when that happens.

This is one of those things where I kind of suspect we knew at some point it could happen but decided it was relatively rare (and it errs on the side of duplication rather than loss, which we try fairly hard to avoid).

• I’ve had this happen maybe 4 or 5 times in the past several weeks Never noticed it before that.

• It really is not a problem on the user side, just thought I'd post it. More than likely it is network related. Thanks Jim and David for you quick response. You guys are the best :)

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

I added some server side code that should be able to detect this happening and not add the duplicate. So if you see it again after today, let us know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...