calculate what percentage my score is each game

Game: freecell
Game #: 1088470860

What would you like to see?

I would like to see what in what percentage of players I place in each game played

Comments

• Not to be too wonky, but I think you might want to know what percentile you are in of all the players who have played a particular game. The formula for that is: P=n/N x 100 where P is the percentile, n is the number of scores lower than yours and N is the Total Value or the number of players who have played the game. As an example if one came in 144th out of 730 players 730- 144=586. 586/730= .802x 100= the 80th percentile.

• The problem with that is, your score would immediately change second-by-second as new players reached that game.

• The question that comes to mind is...why... what is the benefit?

• But I want to see how well I'm doing on each game: the competition is overwhelming; so I'd like to see if I'M making progress.

• PtownpapaPtownpapa REGISTERED
    edited October 2022 97.83.78.33

If 2000 people have played the game and your # of moves are less than 200 you are in the tenth percentile. less than
    20 you are flying with the eagles. If the games played is under 1000 you can use "sorta" I just played a game with 246 other greenfelters & I came in at 76 - uuhhh 80 is about a third of 246 so I'm "sorta" in the middle 30th percentile
    like maybe 33 -35? It's the best you can do on the fly. As @Fnarf said: "The problem with that is, your score would immediately change second-by-second as new players reached that game" Have fun - statistics are a pain in the arse and just spoil the day. Play on MacDuff EGAD - Too much brew!! " If 2000 people have played the game and your STANDING is less than 200... etc"

• @jim and @david see @JohnHamer 's comment, above "moto x3m" Don't click on the spam link, anyone...

• I agree with @Fnarf. In which case by the time it takes to check your percentage it has already changed up or down so... I don't see the benefit even if it's possible to calculate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...