Forty Thieves Changes

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited September 2011 in Feature Requests
Game: fortythieves
Game #: 853772164

I love this game but hate the way the cards pull. I would like it to take my longest string of cards, not the smallest, or the ones on the left or right.

Thank you.

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Guest wrote:
    I love this game but hate the way the cards pull. I would like it to take my longest string of cards, not the smallest, or the ones on the left or right.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "pull". Could you give some examples?
  • When I hit control A the cards will be moved to their respective stacks but the cards taken are usually the shortest. For instance one column has a 6 and 5 of clubs, another has 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 and 5 of clubs. These are the cards I'd rather move not just the 5 and 6.
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Guest wrote:
    When I hit control A the cards will be moved to their respective stacks but the cards taken are usually the shortest. For instance one column has a 6 and 5 of clubs, another has 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 and 5 of clubs. These are the cards I'd rather move not just the 5 and 6.

You give us too much credit in this case. We actually just choose the stack on the left to take cards from first. :) Our philosophy has been to make auto-finish always be "safe" by never making any non-obvious choice, but in this case we didn't follow it. So generally, I'm inclined to change it so that it just stops in the absence of an obvious choice to let the player decide.

Can you give a reason why choosing the longest same-suit sequence of any with the same top card might be better than the shorter one (or doing nothing)?

-Jim
  • I suppose I want this for the simple reason that I have built a long stack and want the satisfaction of seeing it go up. Also, at times it is because it is harder to get to the cards underneath it. I noted the cards will also pull from the discard pile but it seems like the priority should be from the table.

You deserve credit - most of the sites with solitaire games are so small you can barely work on them, and require you to move each and every card. It's great to have the larger format and the ability to do things like use control A.

Thanks!
    Nina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...