problem

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited August 2011 in Bug Reports
Game: klondike
Game #: 451437565
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5 Safari/533.21.1

Please describe the problem in detail:
Periodically when playing a pop up shows up with several options including 'back', 'reload' etc. This pop up precludes my continuing to play the game. It typically goes away after several random mouse clicks, but then often re-curs and is quite annoying. It appears to be a random phenomenon and frequently I can play a whole game without it occurring. I have experienced it while playing Klondike and Yukon.
Thanks for you web sites and your efforts.
ali

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    ali wrote:
    Please describe the problem in detail:
    Periodically when playing a pop up shows up with several options including 'back', 'reload' etc. This pop up precludes my continuing to play the game. It typically goes away after several random mouse clicks, but then often re-curs and is quite annoying. It appears to be a random phenomenon and frequently I can play a whole game without it occurring.

That does sound annoying. We don't have any pop-ups (the kind with a back and reload button) on Green Felt.

I see you are using a Mac and though they don't usually get viruses it does sound like you might have one. If so, then you should see the pop-ups on other sites besides ours. Are there Ads in the pop-ups? If you post a screenshot, we might be able to guess where it came from.

-Jim
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    ali wrote:
    Periodically when playing a pop up shows up with several options including 'back', 'reload' etc. This pop up precludes my continuing to play the game. It typically goes away after several random mouse clicks, but then often re-curs and is quite annoying. It appears to be a random phenomenon and frequently I can play a whole game without it occurring. I have experienced it while playing Klondike and Yukon.
    Thanks for you web sites and your efforts.
    ali
    I don't think it sounds like a virus. It sounds like a "right click" to me. If you have a MacBook then you may be resting another finger on the trackpad when you click. If you've got an apple mouse you may be resting another finger on the right side of the mouse when you click. To make it stop, simply stop doing that. ;-)

Actually, that functionality is built into the operating system and you can turn it off in "System Preferences" either under "Mouse" or "Trackpad", depending on which one you have. On my MacBook the setting is called "Secondary Click" in the Trackpad section. I don't know where it is in the mouse section since I don't have a mouse.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...