game rules

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited August 2011 in Bug Reports
I would like to learn to play the game of Spider but on reading the rules they are about as clear as mud. If one does not know how to play the game the rules as given are not much help.

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Spider is a great game to learn. As you can tell by looking that the leader board, the games can take a while, so be prepared to be challenged!

I apologize for the unclear rules. Here's an attempt to write a clearer set. If these seem better, let is know and we'll use them instead.

The rules of Spider Solitaire:
    • You can always move a card on top of one whose rank (number) is one higher, regardless of suit.
    • You can always move runs of cards that have the same suit.
    • Any set that can be moved can be put into an empty spot.
    • You can only move an entire run of a single suit (13 cards) up to the foundations.
    • You can deal 8 cards at once (one to each pile) anytime there are no empty spots.

Good luck,
    -Jim
  • Well that helps but what is the object of the game? Is it to get all of a suit so it can be moved up above? I guess that must be it but how do you know when to move another bunch of cards to the tableau?--when you can't move any single card? I tried to move a 10,9,8,7, run to a jack & the group would not move--why? Still a very confused old lady.
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    cappie wrote:
    Well that helps but what is the object of the game? Is it to get all of a suit so it can be moved up above?
    Yes.
    cappie wrote:
    how do you know when to move another bunch of cards to the tableau?--when you can't move any single card?
    It takes some time to figure it out, but generally when you can't make any more progress.
    cappie wrote:
    I tried to move a 10,9,8,7, run to a jack & the group would not move--why?
    I suspect they were were not all the same suit. You can only move run if they are the same suit.

-Jim
  • ok thanks, that helps. I've tried playing a bit but it is a very confusing game. I really need to see someone playing it a few time to get the gist of things.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...