Double freecell

It's a longer version of freecell and takes more thinking; blind moves are significantly less successful. Regular freecell takes me 3 minutes, and double freecell takes 20 minutes. I think it's almost always beatable, but I can't do it reliably. I can solve about 70%, and the rest seem to be solvable if I were to explore more.

I prefer this version: https://www.247freecell.com/doubleFreecell.php
There is only a single foundation, compared to other versions with two foundations. If you come up with two aces of the same suit, the second ace gets stuck, and you end up having sequences remain on the board. It creates significantly different strategy from normal Freecell.

Comments

• Sounds like a good challenge @fcnewuser

• This specific version of Double Freecell also allows the top card from the foundation to be moved back to the tableau. This lessens the times when I go, "I have to undo all those moves, keep that card on the board, then redo them".

I don't know how this option affects strategy, but it seems to be mainly for anti-annoyance. The times when I do move 3 cards out of the foundation to open up a free cell are neat, but very uncommon.

• Thanks fcnewuser , will have to check out some of games on this site. Alway open to new challenges

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited October 2021 99.76.46.40

Check out Panoidl. Triple Yukon. And Freecell with two decks.

• fcnewuserfcnewuser REGISTERED
    edited October 2021 98.116.140.55

Triple Yukon is pretty cool, but desperately needs a better hint function. Like "these are the cards you can click on". At least a "press 6 to see the 6s". It also seems easy; I had little idea what I was doing but managed to clear it anyway.

• When I play on Panoidl, the hint function actually moves the cards. But I rarely look at hinting. I play TY on Panoidl and Politaire. No hints on Politaire.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...