The location of the line "if you find. ." at the bottom of the page and its management is a bug !

Game: freecell
Game #: 1788636763
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:93.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/93.0
Window: 1608x911
JS-Version: 2021-07-01_21:53:26_-0700_073f291b2e50363b317f3b2317168846c20d766a

IRONY - a location of a message for reporting bugs, is a bug by itself!

1. The location of the message "If you find a bug ..." at the bottom of the page is the worst possible
    place to locate this message. This is very near the "playing space" (the space where the mouse is
    moved around in order to play the game) and prone to an unintentional click (probably mostly by many
    seniors like me) being taken to the " report page." I consider the placement of "if you.." line at the
    bottom of the page as a serious DESIGN MISTAKE.
    1. In notebooks and in general when the window for this game is too small, the message is not seen,
      but it is lurking there and it assumes some "territory" of its own, much more than the line it occupies.
      if you click somewhere in this "territory" intentionally (like for auto-complete, for example,) or not
      you are taken to this page (bug report) even though you have nothing to report and no feature to
      request. THIS IS A BUG caused merely by the unfortunate location of the "If..." line!
  2. once you are brought to the "report bug" page (for the wrong reason), clicking the back error does not
    take you back to the game you have been working on.You lost it. It would be OK if you really want to
    report a bug or request a feature. But it is not OK to arrive at the this page because of a bad placement
    of the "If you.." line and giving it some territory beyond the line it occupies. I happens to me a lot and it
    is very frustrating. May be it is not a bug but it is definitively a problem that could have been avoided by
    moving the "if.." line to another location, where it will be out of the "playing space".

3. Yes, the message has an x button, clicking it removes the line. But only for the current game.
    The line "if .." will come back in the next game! Why does the designer think that the "if.." line is so
    important that it has to be there for every game even though the player has already
    expressed his/her disinterest in this in this message by x-ing it out?
    And why should the player be burdened by the responsibility to remember to x the line in order to
    avoid hitting it unintentionally If this problem can be avoided altogether by moving the "if.." line to
    a more logical location ? Again, this problem could have been avoided if ......".

All of the above problems could be avoided if the " if you want..." line is moved to another
    location,and out of the "playing space". May be it should move back to where it used to be before.
    the solution is very is to implement.

My level of verbosity is directly related to the level of my frustration with the unfortunate location of this
    line which is ironically a bug by itself.

Otherwise, I think the design is very elegant (except for this report..) ,and being a programmer and
    a designer myself (now retired) I really appreciate the efforts. I love Freecell and am addicted to it, even
    though I have to play "millions" of times just to get to the top ten. Lots of thanks to the designers!

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Please submit a screen shot if you want this fixed. We can’t tell where the button is for you without a picture! It’s different for everyone.

• it is the line in the bottom of the screenshot it says;
    " If you find a bug, please report it. Want something? Request a feature. "
    preceded by the x button .

• Sorry all prior attempts did not attached the screenshot.
    Here is one more attemt
    it is the line in the bottom of the screenshot it says;

• Sorry all prior attempts did not attach the screenshot.
    Here is one more attempt
    it is the line in the bottom of the screenshot it says;

1738 x 1112 - 255K
    1738 x 1112 - 255K
  • Misspelling erorr: "2. ......clicking the back error" .. should be corrected to "clicking the back arrow"

• tucsonskytucsonsky REGISTERED
    edited October 2021 70.176.234.104

this shot is from ipad .. .. .. however, on my pc, even if i close the "bug report" line if a card takes the space where the line used to be, clicking the card will open the "new discussion" aka " bug report" page (i can't take a screenshot of my finger clicking the card, sorry)

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Thanks, @tucsonsky. That sounds like a real bug we can fix.

• The request is essentially asking
    1-that the line "If you find a bug, please report it. Want something? Request a feature. ",
    be removed from its current location-at the bottom of the page (see it in images in above posting.)
    2-Its functionality could be implemented by 2 buttons:
    a 'report bug' button and 'request feature' button,
    which should be placed somewhere at the top of the page.

It used to be something like that in the past.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...