AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Is there a 'remember me?' option for log-ins? Presumably something to do with cookies, but I'd like to stay logged in instead of having to do it each time I visit the site.

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Is there a 'remember me?' option for log-ins? Presumably something to do with cookies, but I'd like to stay logged in instead of having to do it each time I visit the site.

We do ask Safari to remember you by setting a cookie when you log in. In looking at our logs, it looks like when you personally log in we set a cookie and it stays set for a while, but then you go away and when you come back the cookie is not set. It's hard to tell why.

You don't have cookies disabled completely, but I suspect you do only allow cookies to be set for a single browsing session. Maybe when you quit Safari, the cookies go away? I know Firefox has that kind of a setting, but I can't find one like it in the Safari Preferences. If this is the problem, you should be having the same problem on other sites.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the date or time is set incorrectly on your computer? That seems unlikely though.

Either way, sadly, it looks like the problem is on your side.

Thanks for playing. Hope you figure it out,
    -Jim
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    You might try a different browser like say Chrome or Firefox? If the problem goes away, then it's likely a Safari setting.
  • jim wrote:

You don't have cookies disabled completely, but I suspect you do only allow cookies to be set for a single browsing session. Maybe when you quit Safari, the cookies go away?
    I found a Cookie Manager in Safari Preferences, and have now set a permission for this site, so hopefully, all sorted now. Thanks for your help

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...