cards

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited July 2011 in Bug Reports
Game: klondike
Game #: 786343072
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)

Please describe the problem in detail:
Cards wont appear on screen :?

Comments

• That happens to me a lot too, but I usually just pause the game ( I still want to try to get a high score ;) ) and leave it to load for a few minutes. Once the first game has loaded, I don't usually have any trouble after that. I guess that its my internet connection...
    Love the site, thanks!!
    NRG aka Niamh
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    I think NRG is right that the cards are probably just downloading slowly. Sadly, we don't have a progress bar yet to let you know to be patient when this happens.

As hinted at by NRG, we should probably also automatically pause the game while the cards load.

The size of the cards is proportional to the size of your screen. If you have a nice high resolution screen and a slow connection you are in for a long wait.

-Jim
  • Ahhhh, I didn't think of the screen resolution! Thats probably slowing the cards on mine too. I do have another problem though... I can't access the website by directly typing the address anymore. I now have to enter the site via a google search. It started about ten days ago. Strange! I have the website bookmarked, and that wont work either, I just get 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage you have requested'. Its not a major problem, but has anyone else found the same, I wonder? I'm using IE and windows 7 if that helps. Thanks!
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    NRG wrote:
    Ahhhh, I didn't think of the screen resolution! Thats probably slowing the cards on mine too.

It should only slow you down the first time you visit a page with cards of a given size. You can adjust it using the "Card Size" menu at the top.

Also, try pressing Ctrl-0 (that is hold control and press zero). That should reset the zoom. IE slows down considerably when the zoom is set for Green Felt.
    NRG wrote:
    I can't access the website by directly typing the address anymore. I now have to enter the site via a google search. It started about ten days ago. Strange! I have the website bookmarked, and that wont work either, I just get 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage you have requested'. Its not a major problem, but has anyone else found the same, I wonder? I'm using IE and windows 7 if that helps. Thanks!

If you copy and paste the URL from the bookmark here, we should be able to determine why it's not working for you.

-Jim
  • Thanks for the reply Jim, I just tried to access again with the bookmark, and got the same again - no access. Its http://www.greefelt.net/scorpion which I THINK is the same as when I enter via the google search. The only difference is, when I use google, I go to the main greenfelt page, ad continue to scorpion from there. Cheers! NRG
  • greenfelt :wink:
  • :oops: :oops: :oops: how much of an idiot do I feel right now?!?!?! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...