Cards only partly appearing

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited July 2011 in Bug Reports
Game: golf
Game #: 674820264
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.1.3 Safari/533.19.4

Please describe the problem in detail:
Hi

I hesitate to send an error message, since you guys do such a wonderful job - and it might be a problem at this end, but both Golf and Scorpion won't open for me properly. Only half of the cards appear, and only half of each card. Other games work fine.

?????

Any suggestions? I've tried restarting, logging off, can't think of anything else to try

Many thanks

Comments

• jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    nt599 wrote:
    I hesitate to send an error message, since you guys do such a wonderful job -

Thanks. We appreciate the feedback, so no need to hesitate.
    nt599 wrote:
    it might be a problem at this end, but both Golf and Scorpion won't open for me properly. Only half of the cards appear, and only half of each card. Other games work fine.

?????

Any suggestions? I've tried restarting, logging off, can't think of anything else to try

First some background, all the cards are actually in one big image which we only show part of for each card. That image is huge so we tell your browser to only ever download it once no matter how many times you come back. What it sounds like is that you only got half of that image and for some reason now your browser thinks it has the whole thing and it won't ever download it again. To fix it you just need to force it to re-download it. The reason it only happens on some games is that each game uses the most appropriate sized cards to that game and your screen.

To fix this you should just need to "Reload". I see you are using Safari, so press the little circular arrow at the end of the URL, or press ⌘-R or choose Reload from the View menu.

If that doesn't work you can clear the browsers cache (but it really should work).

-Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...