sirtet quirks

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited March 2006 in Bug Reports (Resolved)
A few things:

* If you don't like your next piece, you can toggle next with "N" and get a different piece (though it isn't visible until it drops). Can be handy at times but surely cheating.

* Pausing doesn't affect game time. E.g. some crazy person (ok it was me) has a game over an hour. I'm slow but not that slow.

* Sure would be nice if "Start Game" worked. Or at least if size was remembered after you "Reload".

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    * If you don't like your next piece, you can toggle next with "N" and get a different piece (though it isn't visible until it drops). Can be handy at times but surely cheating.
    Heh, thats funny. Yes, I think that counts as cheating. We'll fix that.
    Pausing doesn't affect game time. E.g. some crazy person (ok it was me) has a game over an hour. I'm slow but not that slow.
    Yeah, that affects all the other games on the site too, and I haven't come up with a really good way to solve it. Actually it's easier in Sirtet since there is a paused state that could be accumulating time that we can subtract out later... I want to solve it in a way that can be used in the card games too. In the mean time, it doesn't affect the placement on the high score so don't worry about it too much...
    Sure would be nice if "Start Game" worked.
    What doesn't work about it? It's currently working for me here.
    Or at least if size was remembered after you "Reload".
    Yes, that would be good. I'll look into adding that (shouldn't be too hard).

-David
  • David,
    Sure would be nice if "Start Game" worked.
    What doesn't work about it? It's currently working for me here.

Ok I figured out the problem: After clicking "Start Game" the submit button remains "highlighted" (has the little dotted outline around the button) and as such, whenever I hit SPACE to drop the first block of the new game, it was actually calling Start Game again. It gave the appearace of blocks disappearing when dropped (since start game doesn't do a full page reload you don't notice it).

I'm guessing if you make that some other type of clickable but not highlightable button it woud work. BTW, you may not see this in your mac world b/c I'm not sure if it's as setup for all keyboard use. For example when I'm on a page and start TAB'ing around I can cycled through all clickable elements on the page (links, buttons, location bar, etc).

-Mike
    Anonymous wrote:
    Ok I figured out the problem: After clicking "Start Game" the submit button remains "highlighted" (has the little dotted outline around the button) and as such, whenever I hit SPACE to drop the first block of the new game, it was actually calling Start Game again. It gave the appearace of blocks disappearing when dropped (since start game doesn't do a full page reload you don't notice it).

Ah yes, we actually fixed this yesterday but it hasn't been pushed yet. I'll push it now.

-David
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Anonymous wrote:
    A few things:

Fixed; the next peice stays constant now. I also noticed that you could still toggle it on and back off quickly and have it not count against your score, so I fixed that too while I was there.
  • ok its still not completely working right. if you:

1) Have "Next" off.

2) drop a few pieces

3) turn next on.

I get 2 pieces overlapping in the next area: one is the actual next, and one is some piece that lingers there, which doesn't go away until that piece actually comes up.

-Mike

jim wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:
    A few things:

Fixed; the next peice stays constant now. I also noticed that you could still toggle it on and back off quickly and have it not count against your score, so I fixed that too while I was there.
    Mike wrote:
    ok its still not completely working right. if you:

1) Have "Next" off.

2) drop a few pieces

3) turn next on.

I get 2 pieces overlapping in the next area: one is the actual next, and
    one is some piece that lingers there, which doesn't go away until that
    piece actually comes up.

Ok, I think I fixed it. It's not pushed to the main site yet.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug Reports (Resolved)Comment As ...