Genuine Scores

Game: freecell
Game #: 1836713459

What would you like to see? I would really like to see a differential scoring card. All the scores where people "cheat" (using computer aides to complete games) do not compare in reality to those of us who actually play the game out. If possible, it would be nice to see scores of people who actually work the game to be separate from the "cheaters" who don't actually work the solution out without computer assistance.

Comments

• Agreed! but what's the achievement is using computer aides to do your thinking for you?

• ArboristArborist REGISTERED
    edited May 2021 174.62.3.68

Nm

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited May 2021 119.18.2.79

Hi @landlord8116 and @endocan please refer to Frequently Asked Questions and in particular to the first point of the Solitaire section. Here is the link:
    https://greenfelt.net/faq

And here is a link to @DeusExMachina tutorial if you want to have a go at supermoves:
    https://forum.greenfelt.net/discussion/8400/not-a-freecell-super-move-player-well-you-gotta-try-it-with-this-game

• barzonymousbarzonymous REGISTERED
    edited May 2021 99.76.46.40

and people wonder why so many of us play anonymously...lol

You cannot cheat at solitaire. You have no opponent. And I do not believe people are using computer programs to win a game.

• Oh no! I got the top score on that game (for the moment, anyway)! I guess that necessarily means I’m a computer-assisted cheater.
    And all this time I thought I was just quick at Freecell.
    Now I’m feeling forlorn...

• JackofHeartsJackofHearts REGISTERED
    edited May 2021 66.138.185.99

My fastest game was a Hopeless game where I finished it in 8 seconds. I don't believe there are any super-move components of that particular game, but if there are I did not use them. I did know the particular game well and kept playing it to see how fast I could go. Just because it seems unbelievably fast, people are not cheating, unless you consider playing the same game many times is a form of cheating.

I am hopeless at "Hopeless" and I have so much admiration for people who play that game and score high. I know there is a strategy, but it defeats my "wired to Seahaven and Yukon" mind.

• If you're playing for pleasure, what does it matter? I play against myself. I'm not computer savvy, so these "super scorers" are way above me. If all this scoring and so called "cheating" bothers you, DON'T LOOK AT THE SCORES. And yes, I'm yelling. It gets so tiring to hear such whining. They are only games. It's not meant to be serious, just relaxing and fun.🙄

• It's like some people think this is going on your permanent record and prospective employers will ask how fast you can play a game.

• Oh No! Permanent record! I'll never get into a good school! I'll never get a job! Oh the humanity! (haven't heard that one in years ;))

I know-but remember when people were afraid the stupidest things they did were kept on a permanent record. Now it's just on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.

• There are a lot of folks who think that rapid scores are indicative of computerized cheating. This is not the case. It is very possible for a good player to finish rapidly, within the constructs indicated by the faster scores. There is youtube recorded evidence for this. In fact, if computers were involved, the fast scores would be much, much faster simply because computers think faster than we do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...