Odd Logins

HaglinCHaglinC REGISTERED
edited May 2011 in Bug Reports
I seem to have an inordinate amount of trouble with your logins. Sometimes for no reason (yes, I checked my caps) . . . well, anyway, the other thing that happens is that as soon as I DO log in successfully, my 40 Thieves game comes up with large yellow integers over the top of the cards. I think it's a single integer per card. I can generally remedy it by opening another game, then coming back, but it's odd.
Not huge, just interesting.
Thanks for a great website!

Comments

• Speaking of odd log-ins. I have on occassion played a couple of games (cant remember what) one was spider last night (either 05 or 06 may not sure as I was doing night shift), and when the game was complete the game I had just played would come up highlighted as rockstarjill. When I tried to log in as Jabba, my score didnt come up and I had to replay. This has only happened when I have not been logged in. Generally the highlighted score is for who has just played the game or so that you can enter your username and go up on the board.
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    HaglinC wrote:
    I seem to have an inordinate amount of trouble with your logins. Sometimes for no reason (yes, I checked my caps) . . . well, anyway, the other thing that happens is that as soon as I DO log in successfully, my 40 Thieves game comes up with large yellow integers over the top of the cards. I think it's a single integer per card. I can generally remedy it by opening another game, then coming back, but it's odd.
    Those numbers come up when you hit the # key (those are internal numbers for debugging). We apparently steal the # key even when typing into the username or password field, which is a bug (I thought we fixed that but apparently we haven't). That explains why your login wouldn't work sometimes. You can hit the # key again to make the numbers go away.

As a work around until we can fix it properly, you can log in on any of the non-solitaire games' pages and your keys shouldn't be stolen. Or the main page.

-David
    jabba wrote:
    Speaking of odd log-ins. I have on occassion played a couple of games (cant remember what) one was spider last night (either 05 or 06 may not sure as I was doing night shift), and when the game was complete the game I had just played would come up highlighted as rockstarjill. When I tried to log in as Jabba, my score didnt come up and I had to replay. This has only happened when I have not been logged in. Generally the highlighted score is for who has just played the game or so that you can enter your username and go up on the board.
    This probably has to do with the way we do sessions which just changed a couple months ago.

Is rockstarjill a user that someone on your computer plays as? Or is it a totally random person that you don't know?

Jim and I were just discussing a bug that might be exactly this. It should happen exactly every 30 days if it is the one we are thinking about.

-David
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    I've removed the magic '#' effect. You should be able to login without problems now.

-Jim
  • jim wrote:
    I've removed the magic '#' effect. You should be able to login without problems now.

-Jim

Why, thank you! It wasn't a big deal (just interesting) but thanks very much!

--- Connie
  • I think it is just a random person. Another girl does play greenfelt on the work computer, but she was out of the country the last time it happened so I dont think it has anything to do with her. I will make a note of when/if it happens again and what game.
  • HaglinC wrote:
    jim wrote:

-Jim

Why, thank you! It wasn't a big deal (just interesting) but thanks very much!

--- Connie
    Rats! Now it won't let me log in again. It keeps saying it's an invalid password or user ID. My userID is HaglinC and my password is Diesel#1. It worked last time! I will just play without logging in.
  • jimjim REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Guest wrote:
    Rats! Now it won't let me log in again. It keeps saying it's an invalid password or user ID. My userID is HaglinC and my password is Diesel#1. It worked last time! I will just play without logging in.

Actually you're just misremembering it. :) You added an extra character.
  • It just happened, was playing seahaven game of the day (not logged in yet) and came up as rockstarjill. It is 12:44am here, we are GMT +10.
    jabba wrote:
    It just happened, was playing seahaven game of the day (not logged in yet) and came up as rockstarjill. It is 12:44am here, we are GMT +10.
    We're still trying to figure this out. We just added some debugging code so that we can have more data when this happens. I sorry to keep saying this, but let us know when it happens again.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...