Fast Players - how do they do it?

Hi there....i've been wondering for some time now, how do some players perform 100 moves in 18 seconds?

Comments

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited September 2017 135.23.69.185

Practice, practice, and more practice. And using multiple moves, and the auto-finish button, to one's advantage.

• Click as fast as your finger can go in some cases

• For most games 52 moves are involved with just finishing. In pyramid clicking on the pile automatically plays the game for you, even if not for the best possible score. Find the little tricks to finish each type of game.

• In playing Klondike, it was many moons before I saw that clicking anywhere and anytime on the background made cards fly to available places.

• Sorry, meant toward the end when most cards are uncovered.

• Do know that they are right. Practice—and finding ways to shave seconds off every play—will win the game.

• There's more to it than that. In Klondike 3, I have noticed that when you see ridiculously low times, that game has been played a huge number of times--like 3000. That's way above the normal range of,say 100 to 350. Some people must have a program that plays the game a large number of times and reduces the time to win in the process or as an objective. So, when you see an 18 second win, look at how many time it says the game has been played.

• Further to my last comment, This game was played over 3000 times!

arriba  2017/10/11  8:02pm  52  118 18s

2 diet cig 2017/10/12 6:38am 52 114 23s
    3 jubilee street 2017/10/12 9:55am 52 113 24s
    4 olli1 2017/10/12 8:32am 52 124 33s
    5 Birdyboy 2017/10/12 5:10am 52 136 35s

• The game you say was played over 3000 times was most likely a game of the day. There are many more Green Felt players than you might imagine.

• not the point! The extremely fast times have always occurred when a very large number of games have been played. I have not seen a very fast time when there have been a smaller number of games played, say 100-300..

• The ones with thousands of players are Games of the Day. The ones with a few hundred or fewer are not. The players who work out how to get super-fast times usually only play the Game of the Day, because they want to appear on the table. If you play a lot of games, you'll notice that the top players from the list rarely appear in other games. Most of the 3000+, though, are not superplayers but casual players who only play a few games.

• Thanks for the insight! How do they " work it out" and what's special about the game of they day? I've never paid attention to it.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Game of the day games are the only ones that are counted on the leader board.

• David, the issue is how does one win a Klondike hand in 18 seconds? what does the game of the day have to do with this, if anything?

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited October 2017 135.23.69.185

And the answers above, to this question, don't suit you? It's advantageous to have an extremely high score, in the games of the day, because it gets your name on the leader board. It's an achievement for the competitive among us.

• Several of the games that I play will automatically play a few (or once in a while many) moves if you just click out in the middle of no where.

In Free Cell, for example, while you are studying the next sequence of moves, just click at random around the bottom of the columns and watch the number fly up.

Test auto finish often as you approach the end.

• David, Haven't heard back from you on this. I only play Klondike 3. I win some, certainly not all. I am familiar with a couple of ways to accelerate play including, of course, auto finish. But I cannot see how one makes 100+ moves in 18 seconds. And NO, I don't believe "practice" is the answer! that alone is not going to achieve 5-6 moves per second! Can't move that fast. I did not see any further help in your suggestions for speeding up play as it relates to K3.

• JRGranny, I remember some months back a player posted how he made fast times. If I remember it right it goes kinda like this:
    Play the game keeping track of every move (I believe he said he wrote them down on paper with a sort of shorthand he had worked out). Replay the game changing moves (where there were choices) and keeping track of each move. Then just continuing to do that until he had beaten the game (this would be the practice Sage and others have told you about). Once you know every move, then you memorize them so you only need to make each move correctly. Also all the options for multiple moves in one click would be incorporated.

So, it is practice, practice, practice plus knowing all the quick ways to move. What they did not tell you is that the practice is on the same game over and over and over.
    I also think that many (if not all) of the speedy players are younger with fast fingers. My fingers aren't even sure they like the mouse clicks!

• I feel pretty good getting in the top 100 or so of 10,000+ scores on the game of the day in Klondike (for example) on first try... and I've wondered the same thing too. I utilize auto finish and background clicking but dang. 18 seconds seems almost as unrealistic as tracking, memorizing, etc on the same game over and over. Really people are this fast? Because that's really really fast.

• I'm going to chime in and say the way that I solved the problem of seeing these ridiculous times is (1) I don't look at the daily leader board since the amount of moves is more important to me than the time and I'm never ever going to appear on the leader board (2) when I play individual games I sort the results by moves, not by time. That's how I choose to see how I stack up against other players.

I've never finished a game under 60 seconds but am sometimes in the top 10 for a game sorted by moves not time. Personally I think it takes more coordination and is more challenging to try and make less moves to finish a game and that gives me more self satisfaction playing that way.

If someone else feels that time is more important to them, then that's their choice but I choose to not let it bother me and play the game for my own pleasure with my own standards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...