3bc

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
3bc is so obviously cheating and ruining the game for those of us who play fair!!!!!

Comments

• greengab wrote:
    3bc is so obviously cheating and ruining the game for those of us who play fair!!!!!
    So, we all just ignore his/her scores. We all know what they're doing. It must be a particular kind of person who will play the same game over and over. Me, I find that boring.
  • 3be wrote:
    greengab wrote:
    So, we all just ignore his/her scores. We all know what they're doing. It must be a particular kind of person who will play the same game over and over. Me, I find that boring. Actually, I find myself worrying if they're all right if the name DOESN'T appear at the top of a game!
  • It seems to me the only way to really undermine the speed freaks is to have a way of allowing a group of logged on players to join a challenge that starts the same game at the same time. Then, the first one to solve would be the undisputed winner of that layout at that time. 3bc may well be a very skilled player, but they couldn't really prove that they don't just have an incredible amount of time on their hands without head to head competition.

The way it is now, the leader board is simply a way for me to tell if I have already played the board of the day. One game of Seahaven Towers per day is plenty for me and though it would be nice to see a ranking of the first try for each player in the world, there doesn't seem to be a way for the Green Felt crew to accomplish that.

It's still the most enjoyable solitaire experience around.

Dave
  • daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    dbwoerner wrote:
    It seems to me the only way to really undermine the speed freaks is to have a way of allowing a group of logged on players to join a challenge that starts the same game at the same time.
    That is something that Jim and I have talked about. We like the idea—maybe "game of the hour", or something that happens every 15 minutes. We're not sure about how it should fit into the site (how do you trigger it, does it show up in the leader board, etc).

-David
  • Perhaps the easy fix would be to add 4th onto the leader board and we could all just ignore 3bc's score and still show a 1st 2nd and 3rd with real times.
  • Sometimes his elapsed time is an impossibility. I think he has developed programs or algorithms to automatically run the games to the optimal winning combination of moves.

Tom
  • I suggest 3bc stops hiding behind his computer and explains to the rest of the decent honest players why he feels the need to cheat and what on earth satisfaction he gains from it.

• I have come to suspect that 3bc is actually some kind of 'bot.  I say this because even if I were to play a game (Scorpion is my usual) 3 or 4 times until I knew the winning moves by heart, it still would take me about twice the time to move the cards into their positions than it does him/her (or it?).  Plus, what kind of person could possibly have the time and the will it takes to cheat so many different games, and not only that, do it every day?
    That said, there have been one or two occasions on which I've beaten 3bc on points.  So, 3bc, this is for you:  :P NYA-NYA!

• It looks like the program "learns" how to play the hand then replays it. At least the program is a neat accomplishment. As far as leaderboards, I am only playing to beat myself.

• Don't get me wrong, I don't like 3bc winning all the time with ridiculous speeds either.  What if he/she is one of those savant people and is just good and we are all saying what a cheat they are?  Unless they answer, I don't imagine we will ever know.

• I reckon the only satisfaction 3bc gets is sitting back and seeing everybondy get wound up!!  Any one could get those scores if they wanted to cheat, and cheating is so very easy these days, doesn't involve sitting playing over again until perfect, it only needs Google!!  There are ways to cheat at just about every game on the net, and Google can find them all ...... it just means its totally useless cheating unless you can fool people into thinking you are so very clever!  Right, now everyone knows how he does it, and what a (word beginning with 'a' and ending with 'e' ...er sorry, wrong game :))  perhaps we can all just ignore him and play nicely amongst ourselves .... :))
    Mari

• I still don't believe you can classify it as cheating when it comes to Solitaire which is ultimately a game against yourself.  Self-delusion absolutely, self-aggrandisement certainly, cheating...not so much.

Ignore 3bc and the like, sit back and enjoy this excellent site.  Keep Calm and Carry On Solving ;-) 

• I'm surprised there's no reply from 3bc himself....

• If there were no LeaderBoard I would agree with you Elliesam, because no-one else would ever see the scores.  However, the LB gives this game an element of competition not usually associated with solitaire (or Patience as we used to call it).  Anyway, someone cribbing from another person - and I include using a cheat program in my estimation of cribbing - and claiming the result as his own (i.e. under his own name) has always been called a cheat as far as I am concerned.  ... and lets be honest here, 3bc gets all the stick but he is not the only one doing this - and it doesn't take long to identify the others.  I always ignore the stupidly impossible scores and just try to finish every game.  This gives me a sense of achievement.  :))
    Mari

• it takes me 3or 4 min allyou guys in the seconds are great give 3bc a smile he or she  is clever cne way or another   jbhaa27  great games

• I ENjOY Beating 3bc as many times as I can even if it's only for a few hours. I am sure it pisses 3bc off when he/ she has been on top all week and has to climb back up. I encorage you to do that too. Alpo5

• kees61 is fast 50 seconds i can solve all the guys most of the time once in a while it takes two or three tries but my times are in minutes how can you do it in seconds  ?????  jbhaa27

• I get a kick out of winning even for a few minutes. 3bc is a non factor.  It takes me so many tries to figure stuff out I don't mind what the others do.  We are all just having fun.......right?

• When an EMP is used there will be no need to whine about "cheaters"   I like to raise my awareness and awaken others of what has been planned many years ago, and is even now being implemented by the evil powers who rule this world. You too can INCREASE your intelligence by listening to a shortwave radio and playing this computerized, pixelized card game designed by a couple of guys who clearly are intelligent with regard to software and programming but apparently are intellectually ignorant of the what is in our future.  How many of you who read these words are completely oblivious to how close we are to the END.  And all you do is whine about a SOLITARE game and a cheater.  If it wasn't so typical of the mush that has replaced what people used to call a brain i would laugh, but most people are SHEEPLE and themselves have been programmed and cannot or will not do any critical thinking to arouse themselves from their slumber.  THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WILL BE THE FIRST TO GO.  

• Where IS that dratted "Ignore" button?

@agent7887, It's not a question of what Jim and I do or do not believe the future holds, it's a question about what this forum is about.

To be clear: this is a forum about Green Felt Solitaire, and not about divisive topics like US politics and religion. Green Felt is played and enjoyed by people all around the globe (literally–there are people playing from countries we would have never expected) and we think that is great.

I know you see yourself as an evangelist of sorts, but this just isn't the place for it. It's nothing personal—you seem like a sharp, intelligent guy, but we'd much rather hear from you as a person than you as a political pundit.

Also, I've deleted the image that you uploaded because it was completely off-topic (it didn't support your position nor anything else in this particular thread).

• How come we never see 3bc playing other games then the game of the day. He (or she) is never amongst the "normal' players....

edited November 2015 23.241.25.146

I suspect @3bc likes to see themselves on the leader board and so they focus on the game of the day.

You probably never see me amongst the "normal" players either. But there's nothing nefarious about me1.

Of course you probably also don't see me on the game of the day too much either, because I generally suck. :-)

1 At least that's what I want you to think. Mua ha ha ha.

• I play the leader board every day,but I also enjoy an hour a day with whoever would like to play.I find this good for me,and, I hope,for those I play against.The more we play against others the more we are likely to improve our own game.Thanks Jim and David for an excellent site.

• I wish Jim and David would supply some cheese to go with all the "WHINE" i have read recently from the participants of this card game site, who from my perspective exhibit the torpid intellect i did not nor should not be surprised to find.   Also GENERAL DISCUSSION apparently means that only those with limited ability and sole concern with card games need apply any other discourse.  I PITY THE IGNORANT.  However they can be helped.  BUT,

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

• I play for least number of moves on first try. 

It requires more skill, IMHO, than playing again and again to improve time, THEN logging in…

So I would really like to see the Leader Bord sorted by "Least number of moves" order, if at all possible.

Thank you for this fantastic website, and the funny cards on special holidays! The site is part f my daily routine, and I enjoy it quite a lot!
  • Perhaps if we are too torpid for you, then there might be a forum elsewhere that has people of similar intellect to yourself that would be more satisfying for you.

• jabba: why are you so aggressive? You may disagree with what I write, but there is absolutely no reason for personal attacks… I did not mean anything by what I wrote, and I suggest that you should refrain from "interpreting" what people write in the light of your own anger or frustration.

@fdbouncher, I do not believe @jabba's response was directed at you, but at one of the other posters on this thread.

But at this point it's all getting way off topic. Lets let this rest now.

• I've always assumed 3bc is a program.....and to try to see the same patterns he/she/it sees and get those amazing scores would be great !

• PaedsIDDocPaedsIDDoc REGISTERED
    edited November 2015 24.202.70.50

@david you are right. Thanks.

• just beaten 3bc by score of 1.Feel pretty good, as I thought it was a program!

• i can get 52 90% time and with 2 or 3 tries 100 % but it takes me atleast 3 min  the only way you can do it in sechds is to change the tim or solve it under another name keeping tract of moves then play again under your name the recorded moves you guys   cheat  cheat  cheat

•  I challenge 3bc to come forward and explain himself, otherwise he's not only a cheap cheater, but a miserly coward as well...

Guys please be polite, there's no need for name calling. Plus, think about for a second: nobody is going to want to "explain themselves" in the face of hostility.

• i hope 3bc is o k where is he

• I was wondering that. Maybe he/she got a job?

• Thanks for the games they play well !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...