autocomplete in freecell

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited March 2007 in Bug Reports
Auto complete should not move up tiles of complementary suit if they might still be needed. For example:

If I have a three of hearts still in play and the four of clubs is on (a card other than a red five), but could be moved up on top of the three of clubs, if auto-complete moves up the four of clubs, I can't put it back to it's as-dealt position if I later need to move the three of cards to it temporariliy...

if the lowest red card in play is (x), only move up black cards of (x+2) or greater and vice versa.

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Robb wrote:
    Auto complete should not move up tiles of complementary suit if they might still be needed. For example:

If I have a three of hearts still in play and the four of clubs is on (a card other than a red five), but could be moved up on top of the three of clubs, if auto-complete moves up the four of clubs, I can't put it back to it's as-dealt position if I later need to move the three of cards to it temporariliy...

if the lowest red card in play is (x), only move up black cards of (x+2) or greater and vice versa.

Yes, we agree. We've been thinking about how best to implement it because other games should have similar restrictions. Forty Thieves, for instance, should stop completing when there is a choice to be made. Say there are 2 red hearts on the board, which one should it add to the foundation? It should stop there and let you decide and then you can auto complete again to continue.

Anyway, we haven't fixed it yet because we're still thinking about the ultimate solution...

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...