Recycled games

Game: fortythieves
Game #: 701285248
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 16_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/110.0.5481.114 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Window: 1080x695
JS-Version: 2023-02-12_21:14:25_4410f6b4920cb960148cfed9ed3e179090eb1e8f

I keep getting games I've already played. Is there a way to get "new" games?

Thanks, Henk

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• I keep getting game repeats, after I've played them. Is there a way to ensure that a "new" game pops up when I open the app?

• @henkfish I press the High Scores button to see if I've played a game already. When I get a game I've played, I click the refresh button for the page, which gives me new games.

• DeusExMachinaDeusExMachina REGISTERED
    edited March 2023 73.192.200.23

Are you playing on different systems or browsers during the same hour? If so, each system or browser will go through the same slate of games.
    Also, Jim, one of our fine GF hosts has explained:

Each day the order of games is fixed so that everyone plays the same shuffles. Once you play a game we create a cookie in your browser to say that a particular game has been played. One way this can break is if you don’t allow us to set these cookies. Or if you play in a private window (where cookies are not persisted). Most sites store your games on their sever; but we want this to work offline, so we use cookies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...