Can you give me my z-score (standard deviations above the mean)?

Game: freecell
Game #: 1769018601

What would you like to see?

Comments

• Could you post a player's Z-score when finished with a game?

• You've got all the data. It would be simple to program and post the z-score and more helpful than just the rank.

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited July 2021 119.18.1.9

Hi @johnnybird2 for the score to be meaningful wouldn’t the population have to be comprised of individual scores rather than green felt’s population of multiple scores by individuals?

I’m sure it’s doable but it would involve a lot of filtering and even then it wouldn’t be 100% certain that the population wasn’t diluted.

• Pardon my stupidity but what is a z-score? Just curious. The longer I hang around you computer geniuses, the more confused I get. :)

• Hi @justhere it’s a statistical measurement which tells you where your score stands in comparison to the overall average score i.e. it lets you know if your score is better or worse than most other players

• Oh, ok fingsaint. Thank you.

• I would like to see this also, for all games played not just freecell.

• Oh goody! One more way to judge me.

• Can't those that want to know, just figure it out themselves?

• Can you think of any thing else you crave @Ice123?

• @gmaterre What @johnnybird2 is asking for requires knowing all scores for the game played, and users don’t have access to that.

I think this has come up before. Computing this in a meaningful way is probably not possible for a number of reasons, e.g. accounting for games that are abandoned rather than finished.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...