6 seconds

how does anyone complete a game in 6 seconds

Comments

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited May 2020 119.18.1.214

Hi @gamersrock a combination of touch screen, super moves and practice. In the case of Freecell, check out this video for an example:

• And kudos to @gamersrock for approaching this as an open question rather than a blind charge of rampant cheating, corruption, and knavery.
    Very refreshing.

Seriously!

• I can't imagine that being much fun. IMHO

Hi @azgal fair call - because it’s different for everyone in the way they get their enjoyment from playing the GreenFelt games. I think there must be tremendous determination and commitment and trial and error for the players who go for the speedy win - there’s a lot of skill, effort and repetition to achieve those goals. Good on them :)

• To put some real numbers to this discussion, it took me 7 minutes just now between first attempt at today's Freecell GotD and breaking 10 seconds. That was 6 abortive starts in the first 2 minutes to find a streamlined path to a win, which yielded a "first score" of 20 seconds (107 moves). Then 5 minutes of repeating & refining the sequence of taps to cut the time to 9 seconds (111 moves).
    If I were inclined to push for my fastest possible time, I'd wager I could carve off 2-3 seconds. But that would consume at least another half hour--a challenge I once enjoyed, but that fire went out.

• Bull riders only have eight seconds.

• @fingsaint What is a "super move"?

• PS fingsaint -- my game is 40 Thieves. Maybe no super moves in that game.

Hi @jezzbelle the info about super moves for 40 Thieves is found in a link above the game where it says Show Rules - quote:

“You can use super moves to make your game playing more efficient.

Clicking or dragging a card that isn't immediately accessible will attempt to move all the cards above it in its stack until the move is valid. The effect will be the same as clicking each card. If you cancel the drag or undo the move, all the cards will go back to where they were.

Dragging a card or cards to the middle of a stack will attempt to move all the cards above the destination out of the way. The effect is the same as clicking each card. To see where the cards will move, hold the dragged card(s) at the destination for a second. If you decide to move the dragged card(s) somewhere else, just drag them there and the other cards will go back to where they were. Undoing the move will also move the cards back.

If you drag a card or cards to the middle of a stack and the cards that move away would be valid to move back on top of the dragged card(s), then they'll slide out of the way and let you just slip the card(s) in.”

• Thank you. I do that. Just didn't know it had a "name".

• Another perspective: sometimes, but not often, I use supermoves, but it makes the game (FreeCell) go too quickly for me. I enjoy thinking through possible moves and moving cards 1 by 1. (No touch screen) The zen of ruminating with my cards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...