Game: freecell
Game #: 255082062
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:62.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/62.0
JS-Version: 2018-09-06_10:59:16_-0700_ccae3e8a0b87d6f6f7ef92850dbb746ecf9e4ca9

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• 416/5000
    The information can not be correct
    When I play after starting the program, the program always reports a very large number of participants (five-digit number). From the second game there are always about ten times fewer participants. If I continue to play, the number of participants is always smaller, up to a three-digit number. This is always the case and proves that the information can not be correct.

• Not sure about this, but I think the site loads the game of the day when you first come here. The GotD always has a dramatically higher number of plays, in part because people like me play it many times to achieve the best time or lowest move count we’re capable of. So that would account for the big drop off from first to second game.
    Not sure exactly how game selection works after that, but it’s definitely steps closer and closer to current time, which explains the number inching downward—if you go far enough, you’ll get to games with no recorded scores. That said. It seems to Me that something changed recently so that I more quickly end up in games with only a few hundred games. That's probably because I started hunting for games with a Top 10 score by one of several players whom I take special pleasure in thumping. (No rhyme intended...)

• MonzieMonzie REGISTERED
    edited October 2018 108.18.109.209

That explains why I have the same thing occur when I play Pyramid. The first game always has many, many players, but if I keep going to a new game after each one is finished, eventually I end up in a pool of only a few players. Being first is great unless there are only two other players. Then it's a bit anticlimactic.

• Halloween cards are coming! and 2 more holiday's with holiday cards

• I love the holiday cards!

• They should be coming soon , same as Thanksgiving and Christmas , most games you can click on to use normal cards. When the new players see them for 1st time,

• SageSage REGISTERED
    edited October 2018 173.33.225.101

There are a billion of each card game to play. After the first half dozen or so, they won't necessarily be ones that have been dealt to anyone else. I find this, all the time. The first few have up to a dozen players, then the numbers dwindle to nothing. I would say that the number of games that haven't been played, by anyone, far exceeds the number that have been played by ten or more people or even by a few people. I can only play so many games a day. P.S. Competition isn't everything..... P.S.2: I love the holiday cards, too!

• Perhaps it's because the games are "reset" each hour, on the hour. Just after the hour strikes you will find fewer players because the game has just been offered, but towards the end of the hour you will find many players for each game. I like to play around half past the hour or even a few minutes before the hour ends. This way I can save challenging games for later. I don't like to play at 1 minute past the hour because there isn't the challenge of competing with others. Each to his own.
    PS The Game of the day is offered for 24 hours so you will see the most players there

• Thanks cayest! I didn't know the games were reset...

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

Yup, @cayest is right. We have what we call a "seed chain"—basically just a random number sequence that everyone uses. The seed chain is per hour, so there's a whole new sequence that everyone gets. Because most people play a few a games then quit, the early games in the chain get a lot of plays. So the further you go the fewer people have played.

Back when we first wrote the site we always so everyone got purely random games. But even though we had a lot of players, there are 4 trillion games to choose from and so you were pretty much the only person to ever see any particular game that came up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...