"First score" in Klondike vs. Freecell

zudensternenzudensternen REGISTERED

I've just started playing classic Klondike (one turn). Does "Show a player's first score, not their fastest" work differently there than it does in Freecell? (It looks like the same code is behind it.) In Freecell, ticking "first score" shows only one game for each player, and possibly several for me. In Klondike game 1412731290, another player (jetty) was listed twice, at positions 1 & 2 (later: 3 times, at 1, 3, 5) , whether "first score" is ticked or not. https://greenfelt.net/klondike?game=1412731290

Comments

• Hi @zudensternen I thought that “show first score not fastest” applied when the same score was achieved (e.g 52 scored) even though repeated attempts with the same result by the same player had faster times - so only the time of first attempt to score 52 is shown to other players.

In the Klondike example you give, (at the time of writing) Jetty is in first place with a score of 16, in third place with a score of 14, and fifth place with a score of 12. This implies that the times shown for these scores are the times Jetty first achieved the scores of 16, 14 and 12 respectively. At a guess I’d say that any subsequent faster attempts by Jetty achieving the same scores wouldn’t be published on the leaderboard.

Happy to be corrected if I’ve misinterpreted the gist.

• @fingsaint Thank you! I had missed that detail. Explains it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...