Scoring for Addiction

AnonymousAnonymous GUESTS
edited November 2010 in Feature Requests
Hello,
I have never been able to figure out the logic behind scoring for Addiction Solitarie. Could someone please enlighten me? Thank you!

Comments

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS
    Miler1957 wrote:
    Hello,
    I have never been able to figure out the logic behind scoring for Addiction Solitarie. Could someone please enlighten me? Thank you!
    It's scored the same way as maze and scorpion which gives you more points the longer a run you have:
    number of cards in a run -> resulting score
    13 -> 13
    12 -> 11
    11 ->  9
    10 ->  7
    9  ->  6
    8  ->  5
    7  ->  4
    6  ->  3
    5  ->  2
    4  ->  1
    3  ->  0
    2  ->  0
    1  ->  0

The max is 13 so that when complete a game your score is 52, like the foundation based games. It's not even so that it rewards games with long runs. You don't want someone with a run of 6 and a run of 7 to score the same as someone with a run of 13.

If anyone out there is a programmer, the precise definition is this:
    function score_run(n) {
        var sum = function(n) { return n*(n+1)/2; }
        return Math.floor(sum(n)*13/sum(13));
    }

The sum() function is the meat of the function and is the formula for "n + n-1 + n-2 + ... + 0" and the floor part scales the score down to a range of 0 through 13.

I personally would like to adjust the scoring method because I feel that when the score is low it doesn't differentiate games enough. That is, 2 and 3 long runs should be counted, not ignored like they currently are. It's frustrating to play scorpion for a long time and get a bunch of 2-3 long runs and end up with a zero score.

-David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...