at the end of the game the score of who was first, in the shortest time and least amount moves

Game: klondike
Game #: 1486655411
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Safari/605.1.15
JS-Version: 2019-04-07_15:46:35_-0700_fd8dc0008ec81e4e5b7ec0e262803a256e5df53b

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

Comments

• Yes, both of those options are available @angelfingers . Click on the columns marked Time or Moves and the winning positions will be sorted accordingly.

• @angelfingers Does the score box not appear when you finish a game?

• ImposterImposter REGISTERED
    edited July 2019 172.8.212.246

I think he means to combine both time and moves into a new type of win. I actually suggested this once but everyone "corrected" me by saying that the number of moves were, indeed, taken into account as a tie breaker if times were the same. But the tie-breaker explanation makes your number of moves virtually negligible 99.9% of the time. Most of us probably just click whatever without even considering how often we do so.

The truth is that there are two skills that are currently assessed separately but unequally: speed (time for completion) and strategy/finesse/accuracy (steps to completion). Combining the two as equals (not sure how that would work out logistically but I believe it's possible) would enhance the challenge. Under such a system, a slower time could actually come out as number 1.

Would you believe I actually check the moves column and usually play to finish in as few moves as possible? And I feel pretty victorious when I'm number 1, though nobody will ever see my name in the win column..

• ImposterImposter REGISTERED
    edited July 2019 172.8.212.246

I believe this person wants to combine both the time and the moves into a new win category. I suggested this myself a while back but people "corrected" me by explaining that the number of moves is, indeed, taken into account to break a tie. Unfortunately, the tie-breaker reasoning makes the number of moves virtually negligible 99.9% of the time. Most people probably just click whatever without even thinking about how often they do so.

By the game's own admission, there are two skills being assessed simultaneously though unequally: speed (time of completion) and strategy/finesse/accuracy (moves to completion). If we were to combine them as equals, it could make the game more challenging. Under such a system, a slower time (but not too slow) could actually come in number one.

Would you believe I actually check the number of moves column and play to finish in as few moves as possible? I feel pretty victorious when I come in first place, but you'll never see my name in the winner column.

• I just realized this person posted under bug reports, but my response above had nothing to do with bugs.... How embarrassing. However I still think a new win category would be cool. Sorry if I misinterpreted.

• People put all sorts of things in "bug reports" that have zero to do with actual "bugs."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...