Addiction Solitaire Scoring

Game: addiction
Game #: 1329054827
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36
JS-Version: 2019-04-07_15:46:35_-0700_fd8dc0008ec81e4e5b7ec0e262803a256e5df53b

Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible:

I only play Addiction Solitaire.
The total score that is shown after a game ends is OFTEN wrong.
I read the directions for scoring and know you star scoring with Card #4 with each card that follows in sequence and correct suit
gets a point and face cards get 2 points. But I just do not see how you come up with some of the scores that are posted after a game.
For instance on Game # 2017373663 the computer posted my score as 40.
But I had 3 lines of cards that totaled up to 11 points/ Spades, Hearts & Clubs went from #4 to Queen equaling 11 points each.
The next line of Diamonds was complete from #4 to the King equaling 13 points.
11 + 11 + 11+ 13 = 46 But your computer said my score was 40. How is that even possible?????

Comments

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited July 2019 119.18.3.135

@HH77 (edit... ignore this comment and go to my reply beneath this one)

where were the Kings for Spades, Hearts and Clubs in the game you have just described? I ask because each row has 13 spaces but there are only 12 cards to complete each suit sequence as there are no aces in Addiction. If you had 3 lines of cards in sequence from 2 to Q you would have only used 11 spaces in those 3 rows leaving 2 spaces in each row to easily manoeuvre the Kings into place.

Although the scoring only begins from card 4 it still has to be in strict sequence from the beginning as 2,3,4 ....etc...JQK

I hope this helps

• Hmmm, I just had another look at the scoring in the rules of Addiction and it does say “number of cards in a run” with a top score of 13 (hence top score of 4x13=52) but without any Aces there can only ever be 12 cards in a run so maybe the scoring is 3 lines from #2 to Q is 11 cards in a run which is a score of 9points x 3 = 27 plus a full house in diamonds gives you 13 points hence 27+13 = 40

Bingo! :)

• I would have to believe that the ACE is assumed in the run, even though the aces are not played.
    That's the only way the scoring is correct.

• There are no aces on the screen when playing Addiction Solitaire.
    And the 2 & 3 do not earn any points at any time. They are essentially void.
    Scoring starts with the #4 card. And there is one point for each of the following cards, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
    The face cards J,Q & K are 2 points each. 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 score 7 points. And the Face cards together score 6.
    7 + 6 = 13 points for a complete run of Clubs, or Diamonds, or Hearts, or Spades.
    There really is no other way to interpret these rules. So why are the scores so terribly variant from what is on the screen? I would say there is a BIG BUG in this program.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@HH77, There could very well be a bug in the program (I don't think there is, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibilities). Like @Jim said in your earlier post, please post a screenshot and what you think the score should be (or give us the date and time of a specific game so we can find it on the server) so we can look at the discrepancy.

• fingsaintfingsaint REGISTERED
    edited July 2019 119.18.3.135

@HH77 have a look at this example for an explanation of how the scoring works

And a look at the scoring rules for reference

Here I have full run of clubs and spades, so that’s 13 points for each run. No problem there. Then I have a sequence from 2 hearts to 8 hearts which is a run of 7 cards. And finally a row from 2 diamonds to Jack of diamonds which is a run of 10 cards. Now by your way of calculating you would say there is one point for 4,5,6,7,8 hearts (=5 points) and for the diamond run you would calculate one point each for cards 4 to 10 and then 2 points for the Jack (=9 points). A game total of 13+13+5+9=40 but as you can see my score is 37.

This is because the scoring rules say ‘The score is based on the lengths of the runs of the cards of the same suit’. In my example the heart run is 7 cards and the diamond run is 10 cards so reading from the scoring table this gives me 4 and 7 points respectively. Giving me a score of 13+13+4+7=37

So I don’t think there is a bug just that you are interpreting the rules incorrectly.

(Although why we’re given 13 points and not 12 for a complete run is an anomaly that’s beyond me :| )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Bug ReportsComment As ...