Nonogram solutions?

I don't see any indication if I've correctly solved a Nonogram. Is that because it should be obvious, or I just haven't ever gotten one right?

Comments

• I just did a couple of them and when I solved it, a little box popped up saying I won. I suppose it could be browser related????

• You piqued my interest so I tried some more. This game was included with a package I bought years ago from a programmer names Everett Kaser. When I tried the "Bulldog" at the bottom of the list I remembered how this game goes. I don't know how difficult it would be to add features to this implementation (being a web based game rather than PC based), but Kaser had a couple of features that made it much more playable:

1 - When you move the cursor over the board, the horizontal and vertical rows that contain the clues should be highlighted in some way. With the big boards, it's hard see which clues are applicable to the square over which you are hovering.

2 - When you complete a section of a row at either edge, the clues that you used to define that part of the row should be highlighted in some other way. For example if a row clue is "2 1 4 1 5" and you have figured out the 2 and 5 parts all the way to the edge, the 2 and 5 parts of the clue should indicate that. With the really long clues, it becomes very tedious to see which part of the line you have solved.

Without these two features, I found the hard boards way too tedious. Actually, I was unable to solve "Bulldog" after a bunch of tries and it I don't think it is worth trying it again.

my 2 cents B^)
    Dave

• Could very well be browser related; I'm on Firefox. I just noticed I get this bug message at the bottom of the game:
    Debug:
    url=https://greenfelt.net/nonogram
    level_string="1,3:5:3:5:2,1:1_1,3:5:3:4:2,2:1"
    w=0

"Could this be a clue?"

• Yeah, I had a debug message at the bottom of my Firefox screen too, but just ignored it and had no problems. I suspect this game wasn't a big priority as the level and elapsed time are not displayed where indicated. My guess is the debug message refers to those things....

Dave, Jim - any thoughts?

• Well, I'll be damned! I got bored enough and obsessive enough to get through the the Bulldog, so it can be done! Anyone else manage that one? The timer is broken so I have no idea how long it took me.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...