Can we stop the cheaters?

Game: freecell
Game #: 3217049166

What would you like to see?

The leader board is just for fun of course, but some people are clocking in with games doing 82 moves in 5 seconds. That's 17 moves per second. i doubt they're honest. So the leaderboard doesn't really reflect leaders, just cheaters looking for attention.

If there's no easy way to prevent that, that's fine, but can we opt out of seeing the board?

Comments

• Why do you let this bother you? Ignore the posts and play on. This site is one that David & Jim made for everyone to have fun. If you can't overlook this, perhaps it is time to move on

• There are no cheaters. Actual cheaters are caught by David or Jim and ended.

What you are seeing is people who have practiced, practiced, practiced; learned all the shortcuts; are able to memorize moves, cards. These folks have worked to get fast. You can too.

Enjoy the games.

• If players of all kinds could look past scores...the games would become relaxing, enjoyable, and even fun!!!
    These are GAMES on a beautiful and organized site...designed and maintained by creative and thoughtful men!

• The way to not see the placings is to not press the button to display them but how sad that the dedication to achieve such success is so envied, particularly as it is available to everyone - but as with all winners it does take effort and practise as has already been pointed out.

• Click on the GreenFelt logo, on the top left of any page. Then click on forum, in the middle of the box on the right. Type cheat in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard. Read through all the posts that are listed to see that this complaint has been made many, many times in the past and the answers to all those previous complaints.

• years ago in college I was playing chess with a hard core, arrogant , egotist... frat party.... I was not a very good chess player and he knew it... he was riding high, puffed up by his winning game after game... I was enjoying my beer and waiting for my chance. It came when in his hubris he attacked my queen missing the fact that taking my queen put him in check and mate in one move... he was more interested in humiliating my then playing the game. He called me a cheater and stormed out of the party. Cheating is quantifiable - an ace up a sleeve, a foreign substance on a baseball is cheating.... winning a solitaire card game on computer - I don't think so. Take a breath, exhale - if you get really frustrated - swear, stamp your feet - when my grand daughters and I play UNO and I lose I call the winner a meany and fuss and fume, I've even stamped my feet, the girls love it. Life is short, enjoy the games and don't beat yourself up because someone else has a better score. You will get better, believe it.

• What are the shortcuts you speak of? Perhaps i don’t understand the strategies of the games... i play freecell usually in 9 minutes and maze usually in 5. I’ve never encountered another version online of maze, and wonder about it a lot.

• daviddavid REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS

@Viridium, click the "Show Rules" button above the game board and then click on "Keyboard Play" and "Mouse Play" sections. Those will describe the shortcuts you can use to (hopefully) play a little faster.

Jim implemented Maze, I think in response to a forum suggestion (it was in October of 2005 and I don't remember if the forum existed at that point). As far as I know, he learned the rules from Wikipedia.

• The Forum is great! Everyone should read the comments...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home Feature RequestsComment As ...