Klondike -- Cards moving By Themselves

Is there no way this can be fixed. If possible, it may be getting worse. I click on a card and the game will move 1 or 2 or 3 or however many it feels like. I don't know why it started doing this but undoing all the cards that the game decided to move around is a real pain. Does anyone know why it started doing this to begin with? And can it be fixed. It isn't much fun anymore with cards moving themselves around on their own.

Comments

• It probably didn"t 'just start' doing this. There are certain 'super moves' built into the game. This is what David (one of the creators of the game) has to say.

Per David:
    "Check to make sure you aren't accidentally hitting the right mouse button, or clicking on the felt between cards. Right clicking is the same as clicking the "undo" button. Clicking on the felt between the cards is the same as clicking the "auto-finish" button. Both are admittedly be confusing if you don't realize what's happening."

• LMA1, I know you were in the long conversation earlier in April about cards moving by themselves. I know you probably saw what David replied then. I'm fairly certain you read what he typed up on the one earlier today. However, just in case you did not, I'll copy/paste it here for you.

"We certainly don't do a great job of onboarding. Jim and I have talked about making some sort of tutorial that explains all the cool shortcuts so that people don't come in and feel overwhelmed. Certainly there's a lot of players here that figured it out, but there has always been a constant stream of new players that get confused by right click, super moves, undo, auto-finish, etc. And it's been that way since we added those things.

One idea would be for super moves, right click, etc. to be disabled by default and have them get unlocked as people play a couple games. Or maybe they'd have to play a canned tutorial game that would show off a particular skill that would then unlock. These are the kind of things that normal video games do to teach new players the ropes. We've just never gotten around to doing it properly"

Let's also remember that these 2 guys have full time jobs. They do a GREAT job with the time they do have.

Enjoy the games.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Home General DiscussionComment As ...